Bus Driver - 5.0 Hours/day; 5 positions available
Champaign Unit 4 Schools
Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2023
- Positively transforming learning and life outcomes for students through educational justice, equity, and excellence.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must hold or be able to obtain a "Class B" CDL license and a school bus driver permit
- Must have held a valid driver's license for the past three consecutive years and have a good driving record
- Must be able to pass the annually required drug and alcohol screenings and physical examination
- Must attend required course(s) of instruction for school bus drivers
- Good Human Relations & Communication Skills
- The hourly wage for this position is determined based on the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Champaign Educational Support Professionals, which is available on our website. The District gives experienced employees up to 20 years of experience credit for service outside the District if it is directly related to their position. 100% of an employee's contributions to IMRF are currently paid by the Board of Education. There are opportunities for employees to earn additional compensation during the regular school year and in the summer.
- This position will remain posted until the hiring process is complete; however, interviews may be conducted after December 19, 2022, so interested applicants should submit their materials ASAP to ensure consideration.
- The candidate hired into this position is guaranteed a minimum of 5.0 hours per day. Additional work is almost always available, however, making it relatively easy to clock forty (40) or more hours per week! All work in excess of forty hours per week is paid at time and a half of the normal pay rate.
- Applicants who do not currently hold a VALID School Bus Driver permit should not apply for this position. Please apply for the Substitute School Bus Driver Trainee position instead (Job ID 14731).
- Champaign Unit 4 Schools serves over 10,000 PreK-Young Adult students in 18 facilities, which include twelve elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, one early childhood facility, and the Novak Academy. Located conveniently near Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis, Champaign residents enjoy the entertainment and intellectual activity of a large city, without the higher costs of living and lengthy commute times often associated with busy city/suburban life. The University of Illinois provides the excitement of Big 10 sporting events, a thriving business environment, and world-class entertainment at State Farm Center and the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Champaign is characterized by a thriving downtown and campustown, shopping centers and boutiques, award-winning restaurants, neighborhood parks, live music venues, and summer festivals. We also share many museums, galleries, and theatres with the adjacent city of Urbana.
- If you want to learn more about this position or other career opportunities in Champaign Unit 4 Schools, please contact our Assistant Director of Human Resources & Employee Engagement, Ms. Nancy Whitehouse, at email@example.com. Please include your résumé.