Bilingual (Spanish-English) RtI Interventionist - 1.0 FTE
Champaign Unit 4 Schools
Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2023
- Positively transforming learning and life outcomes for students through educational justice, equity, and excellence.
- Fluent in both Spanish and English
- Holds valid, appropriate teacher licensure
- Minimum of three (3) years of classroom/literacy teaching experience, five (5) years strongly preferred
- Well versed in effective research-based interventions
- Can effectively facilitate and/or lead collaboration teams and building level professional development
- Successful experience working with diverse student populations and with using a variety of resources to meet student needs
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge in a variety of content areas
- Knowledge of data collection, analysis, and usage to ensure high fidelity implementation of instruction and intervention
- Master’s Degree or National Board Certification (preferred)
- The salary for this position is determined based on the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Champaign Federation of Teachers, which includes a different level of compensation for positions designated as "hard to fill." The full salary schedule and the Hard to Fill positions list are available on our website. The District gives experienced teachers up to 21 years of experience credit for service outside the District. New teachers may request up to $2,000 as a salary advance to help with relocation expenses or other needs. 100% of a teacher’s contributions to TRS are currently paid by the Board of Education. The Board currently pays 100% of a teacher’s employee-only health, dental, and term life insurance. There is a minimal employee cost for vision insurance. There are many opportunities for teachers to earn substantial additional compensation (stipends, differentials, extra duty pay, etc.) during the regular school year and in the summer.
- The District offers an additional $1,500 annual stipend for Teachers who hold a national board certification from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- This position will remain posted until the hiring process is complete; however, interviews may be conducted any time after April 18, 2023, so interested applicants should submit their materials ASAP to ensure consideration.
- Champaign Unit 4 Schools serves over 10,000 PreK-Young Adult students in 18 facilities, which include twelve elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, one early childhood facility, and the Novak Academy. Located conveniently near Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis, Champaign residents enjoy the entertainment and intellectual activity of a large city, without the higher costs of living and lengthy commute times often associated with busy city/suburban life. The University of Illinois provides the excitement of Big 10 sporting events, a thriving business environment, and world-class entertainment at State Farm Center and the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Champaign is characterized by a thriving downtown and campustown, shopping centers and boutiques, award-winning restaurants, neighborhood parks, live music venues, and summer festivals. We also share many museums, galleries, and theatres with the adjacent city of Urbana.
- If you want to learn more about this position or other career opportunities in Champaign Unit 4 Schools, please contact our Assistant Director of Human Resources & Employee Engagement, Ms. Nancy Whitehouse, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your résumé.