Elementary Assistant Principal
Champaign Unit 4 Schools
Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2023
- Positively transforming learning and life outcomes for students through educational justice, equity, and excellence.
- Illinois Administrative Licensure
- Completion of State-approved prequalification modules to serve as a Teacher Evaluator prior to start date
- Prior teaching and/or administrative experience at the level to be assigned
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable
- The entry level base salary for this position is $70,841, plus highly competitive benefits, including 100% Board-paid TRS contributions and 100% Board-paid employee-only health, dental, and term life insurance. There is a minimal employee cost for vision insurance. Additional compensation above the base is offered to candidates based on their number of years of successful teaching and administrative experience. A copy of the Administrative Salaries & Fringe Benefits document is attached. Questions about salaries or fringe benefits should be directed to the Human Resources Office.
- Interviews will be conducted as soon as a suitable pool of candidates is found. To ensure consideration, please submit your application materials as soon as possible.
- This is a 10-month position.
- There are two positions available; one is a new allocation for the 2023-2024 school year.
- If you are interested in a brief, confidential conversation regarding your possible interest in this position prior to filling out an application, please contact Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources Ken Kleber at (217) 351-3822.
- Champaign Unit 4 Schools serves over 10,000 PreK-Young Adult students in 18 facilities, which include twelve elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, one early childhood facility, and the Novak Academy. Located conveniently near Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis, Champaign residents enjoy the entertainment and intellectual activity of a large city, without the higher costs of living and lengthy commute times often associated with busy city/suburban life. The University of Illinois provides the excitement of Big 10 sporting events, a thriving business environment, and world-class entertainment at State Farm Center and the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Champaign is characterized by a thriving downtown and campustown, shopping centers and boutiques, award-winning restaurants, neighborhood parks, live music venues, and summer festivals. We also share many museums, galleries, and theatres with the adjacent city of Urbana.
- If you want to learn more about this position or other career opportunities in Champaign Unit 4 Schools, please contact our Assistant Director of Human Resources & Employee Engagement, Ms. Nancy Whitehouse, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your résumé.