Custodian, 2nd Shift; 8.0 Hours/Day; Year-Round
Champaign Unit 4 Schools
Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
- Positively transforming learning and life outcomes for students through educational justice, equity, and excellence.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or compensating experience
- Good human relations and communication skills
- Ability to use standard hand tools
- Ability to climb a ladder and work overhead
- Ability to lift objects in excess of thirty (30) pounds in weight
- The hourly wage for this position is determined based on the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Champaign Educational Support Professionals, which is available on our website. The District gives experienced employees up to 20 years of experience credit for service outside the District if it is directly related to their position. 100% of an employee's contributions to IMRF are currently paid by the Board of Education. The Board also pays 100% of employee-only health and term life insurance. There is a minimal employee cost for vision insurance. Dental is also available at competitive rates to interested employees. There are opportunities for employees to earn additional compensation during the regular school year and in the summer.
- This position will remain posted until the hiring process is complete; however, interviews may be conducted after July 18, 2023, so interested applicants should submit their materials ASAP to ensure consideration.
- This is a year-round position. Hours during the school year are Monday-Friday from 3:00 p.m.-11:30 p.m. (2nd Shift). Hours during Summer and Holiday Breaks are from 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Champaign Unit 4 Schools serves over 10,000 PreK-Young Adult students in 18 facilities, which include twelve elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, one early childhood facility, and the Novak Academy. Located conveniently near Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis, Champaign residents enjoy the entertainment and intellectual activity of a large city, without the higher costs of living and lengthy commute times often associated with busy city/suburban life. The University of Illinois provides the excitement of Big 10 sporting events, a thriving business environment, and world-class entertainment at State Farm Center and the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Champaign is characterized by a thriving downtown and campustown, shopping centers and boutiques, award-winning restaurants, neighborhood parks, live music venues, and summer festivals. We also share many museums, galleries, and theatres with the adjacent city of Urbana.
- If you want to learn more about this position or other career opportunities in Champaign Unit 4 Schools, please contact our Assistant Director of Human Resources & Employee Engagement, Ms. Nancy Whitehouse, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your résumé.