Administrative Assistant to the Deputy Superintendent
Champaign Unit 4 Schools
Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
- Positively transforming learning and life outcomes for students through educational justice, equity, and excellence.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or compensating experience
- A score of at least 45 Adjusted WPM on the Typing Test (TT)
- A raw score of at least 35 (out of 40) on the Criteria Basic Skills Test (CBST)
- A score of Highly Proficient on the Computer Literacy & Internet Knowledge Test (CLIK)
- A score of at least 50th Percentile (speed) and 90% (accuracy) on the Ten Key Test (TKT) – for Business Office positions only
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Previous, successful experience as a school secretary (preferred)
- The entry level base salary for this position is expected to be approximately $46,340, plus highly competitive benefits, including 100% Board-paid IMRF contributions and 100% Board-paid employee-only health, dental, and term life insurance. There is a minimal employee cost for vision insurance. Additional compensation above the base is offered for those with previous successful, relevant experience. In addition to the base salary, there are opportunities for overtime associated with this position. A copy of the Administrative Salaries & Fringe Benefits document is attached. Questions about salaries or fringe benefits should be directed to the Human Resources Office.
- This position will remain posted until the hiring process is complete; however, interviews will be conducted as soon as a suitable pool of candidates is found. To ensure consideration, please submit your application materials as soon as possible.
- All candidates, whether Internal or External, are required to have qualifying clerical testing scores on file prior to being scheduled for an interview. Clerical testing is available upon request. Please call (217) 351-3800 if you have questions about the requirements or to schedule a clerical test.
- Champaign Unit 4 Schools serves over 10,000 PreK-Young Adult students in 18 facilities, which include twelve elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, one early childhood facility, and the Novak Academy. Located conveniently near Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis, Champaign residents enjoy the entertainment and intellectual activity of a large city, without the higher costs of living and lengthy commute times often associated with busy city/suburban life. The University of Illinois provides the excitement of Big 10 sporting events, a thriving business environment, and world-class entertainment at State Farm Center and the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Champaign is characterized by a thriving downtown and campustown, shopping centers and boutiques, award-winning restaurants, neighborhood parks, live music venues, and summer festivals. We also share many museums, galleries, and theatres with the adjacent city of Urbana.
- If you want to learn more about this position or other career opportunities in Champaign Unit 4 Schools, please contact our Assistant Director of Human Resources & Employee Engagement, Ms. Nancy Whitehouse, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your résumé.