Crossing Guard - 2.0 hours/day
Champaign Unit 4 Schools
Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
- Positively transforming learning and life outcomes for students through educational justice, equity, and excellence.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate with and manage elementary school-aged children
- Ability to identify and respond to emergency situations at school crossings
- Excellent judgement and decision-making ability
- Ability to command respect from motorists
- Ability to stand for 30 minutes or longer and walk several blocks to cross children at separate crossing locations when required
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
- Reliable transportation
- The hourly wage for this position, as well as Information regarding the fringe benefits associated with this position can be found on the attached document.
- This position will remain posted until the hiring process is complete; however, interviews may be conducted immediately, so interested applicants should submit their materials ASAP to ensure consideration.
- Champaign Unit 4 Schools serves over 10,000 PreK-Young Adult students in 18 facilities, which include twelve elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, one early childhood facility, and the Novak Academy. Located conveniently near Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis, Champaign residents enjoy the entertainment and intellectual activity of a large city, without the higher costs of living and lengthy commute times often associated with busy city/suburban life. The University of Illinois provides the excitement of Big 10 sporting events, a thriving business environment, and world-class entertainment at State Farm Center and the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Champaign is characterized by a thriving downtown and campustown, shopping centers and boutiques, award-winning restaurants, neighborhood parks, live music venues, and summer festivals. We also share many museums, galleries, and theatres with the adjacent city of Urbana.
- If you want to learn more about this position or other career opportunities in Champaign Unit 4 Schools, please contact our Assistant Director of Human Resources & Employee Engagement, Ms. Nancy Whitehouse, at email@example.com. Please include your résumé.