Transportation Operations Supervisor (DSP)
Champaign Unit 4 Schools
People & HR, Operations
Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
- Positively transforming learning and life outcomes for students through educational justice, equity, and excellence.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous successful leadership experience
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, and customer service skills
- Ability to exert strong leadership and inspire superior performance in members of the staff
- Ability to make firm decisions in the areas of responsibility and delegate responsibility to others
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently, recognize priorities in workload, and shift between tasks as needed
- Proficient with word processing, database, and online software
- Willingness and ability to respond to emergencies, including during off hours
- Previous successful experience in the field of school transportation (strongly preferred)
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable
- The entry level base salary for this position is expected to be $54,689, plus highly competitive benefits, including 100% Board-paid IMRF contributions and 100% Board-paid employee-only health, dental, and term life insurance. There is a minimal employee cost for vision insurance. Additional compensation above the base is offered for those with previous successful experience. A copy of the DSP Salaries & Fringe Benefits document is attached. Questions about salaries or fringe benefits should be directed to the Human Resources Office.
- This position will remain posted until the hiring process is complete; however, interviews will be conducted as soon as a suitable pool of candidates is found. To ensure consideration, please submit your application materials as soon as possible.
- If you are interested in a brief, confidential conversation regarding your possible interest in this position prior to filling out an application, please contact Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources Ken Kleber at (217) 351-3822.
- Champaign Unit 4 Schools serves over 10,000 PreK-Young Adult students in 18 facilities, which include twelve elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, one early childhood facility, and the Novak Academy. Located conveniently near Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis, Champaign residents enjoy the entertainment and intellectual activity of a large city, without the higher costs of living and lengthy commute times often associated with busy city/suburban life. The University of Illinois provides the excitement of Big 10 sporting events, a thriving business environment, and world-class entertainment at State Farm Center and the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Champaign is characterized by a thriving downtown and campustown, shopping centers and boutiques, award-winning restaurants, neighborhood parks, live music venues, and summer festivals. We also share many museums, galleries, and theatres with the adjacent city of Urbana.
- If you want to learn more about this position or other career opportunities in Champaign Unit 4 Schools, please contact our Assistant Director of Human Resources & Employee Engagement, Ms. Nancy Whitehouse, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your résumé.