Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District
MTD is seeking candidates for our Executive Assistant position.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support for the Managing Director (CEO), Chief of Staff (CoS), and the Board of Trustees through preparation of reports, minutes, correspondence, and other duties as needed. The Executive Assistant works under the primary direction of the CEO and CoS.
This is a salaried staff position with an excellent benefit package, which includes a health insurance and a retirement plan.
An associate degree or relevant work experience in business or a business-related field is required. Work experience performing clerical or administrative duties using advanced Microsoft Office functions and/or directly supporting an executive-level employee can count towards relevant work experience.
A minimum of one year of experience in municipal government or equivalent positions is required. Three years or more is preferred.
- Acts as Clerk to the Board of Trustees, and as such, records and maintains minutes of all meetings and transactions of the Board
- Assists the Managing Director with the preparation and posting of Board Meeting agendas and monthly informational packets for the monthly Board Meetings
- Provides support services for the Managing Director and CoS such as recording files, preparing documents, facilitating correspondence, maintaining calendars, and arranging meetings as necessary
- Answers telephone calls and receives visitors, determines the nature of the call or visit, and routes individual to appropriate staff person
- Brings an attention to detail in all work including document retention (both print and digital), updating MTD’s public website with Board of Trustees agendas, meeting packets and minutes, etc.
- Regularly engages with Board members, public officials, and members of the public in difficult situations
- Serves as the FOIA Officer and is responsible for reviewing and analyzing MTD’s FOIA requests, directs to appropriate Department, compiles, and ensures compliant response within appropriate timeframe, logs all associated documentation.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing on complex issues involving the District
The list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The general hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:00AM - 5:00PM.
MTD operates seven days a week, including weekends and holidays, and this position may require some work outside of traditional business hours.
The exertion level required for this position is generally considered light work. Physical requirements include stooping, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, pushing/pulling, and reaching above shoulders. While performing the duties of this job, employees are often required to sit, with regular periods of walking and standing; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; use vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally or a up to 10 lbs. of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
The work environment involves exposure to conditions generally found in an office setting within a shared workspace. The noise level is quiet to moderate. There are frequent interruptions to this position’s workflow with moderate foot traffic. This position is predominantly located in one office building, but the position will sometimes require an employee to visit other locations to meet with employees or attend training and meetings, including the Illinois Terminal, Administrative Office Building, Maintenance Garage, or other off-site locations. Occasionally, the employee may need to work outdoors in inclement weather. There is an expectation to hold and attend meetings on a regular basis.
- All MTD employees are trained on the Management System Policy and the impacts associated with this position.
- Applicant must pass a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug and alcohol testing. The employee is required to comply with MTD’s Drug & Alcohol Policy.
- This job description is subject to change as needs of the District, and the tools we use, evolve over time.
Salary Range: $52,000 - $60,000/based on experience
Closing date: December 3, 2023 at 5:00p (CST)
To Apply: Select "Apply Now" below to fill out the application, and to attach a cover letter and resume.
As with all MTD positions, candidates for this position must pass a drug test. The MTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply for position at Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District, 1101 East University Avenue in Urbana. For more information, contact Sasha at 217.384.8188.