Wastewater Treatment System Operator
Clark Dietz, Inc.
Clark Dietz, Inc. is a Midwest based, employee owned, multi-discipline consulting engineering firm. We are a recognized leader in transportation, civil, environmental, mechanical and electrical engineering. Our depth of talent across disciplines allows our staff the opportunity to collaborate and serve our clients with innovative, sustainable solutions.
We are currently seeking an experienced who thrives on embracing new challenges and excels as an effective communicator. Opportunities to join our team include: full-time operator, part-time operator with flexible scheduling, or part-time operator with additional part-time engineering responsibilities such as design/drafting work in process, mechanical, or electrical design. The position is located in our Champaign, IL office.
We take pride in our expanded service offerings assisting local municipalities and clients in operating their treatment facilities with utmost cleanliness and efficiency while maintaining compliance with permit requirements. Consider joining the Growing Team of Wastewater Operators serving Clark Dietz Clients!
Process Control and Operations
- Supervise process control for Class 4, 3, and 2 wastewater treatment facilities.
- Direct non-certified municipal staff in the operations and maintenance of systems used in municipal wastewater treatment such as pumping, primary treatment equipment, secondary treatment equipment, tertiary treatment equipment, aerobic and anaerobic digestion, disinfection, etc.
- Perform and direct others in performance of laboratory analysis as required in the operations of wastewater facilities as required for process control, NPDES permitting, and sludge permitting.
- Coordinate operations of wastewater treatment facilities with contractors, vendors, laboratories, engineers, clients, and regulatory agencies.
- Complete and/or review the work of others and ensures that tasks are completed on time and quality is maintained.
- Perform calculations to support operations decisions.
- Identify treatment issues related to potential or actual permit violation and work with State officials to communicate incidents and action plans.
- Function as the primary operations contact and communicate with the client regularly concerning technical issues affecting operations.
- Train municipal staff in process control and certification requirements.
- Assists in education and development of technical staff and act as a resource for wastewater operations related questions.
- Work collaboratively with clients, municipal staff, and engineer to resolve problems.
Facility Assessment and Business Development
- Assist in the assessment of potential treatment facility clients to determine the requirements for operation.
- Develop relationships with municipalities leading to future project selections and identify prospective clients.
- Conduct site inspections; attend meetings and produce site observation reports.
- Illinois EPA Class 2 Wastewater Operator Certification or the ability to obtain a Class 2 Operator license within a year of starting. A.S. degree in an engineering or science related field is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of wastewater operator experience.
- Knowledge of codes and standards relating to wastewater facilities.
- Ability to train and supervise less experienced operators.
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) for correspondence, engineering analysis and presentation development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
As an employee-owned firm, Clark Dietz offers an excellent compensation package including: bonus programs, 401k, ESOP, ownership opportunity and comprehensive insurance benefits. To learn more about our firm please visit www.clarkdietz.com