Sr. Engineer/ Project Manager - Transportation Engineering
Clark Dietz, Inc.
Clark Dietz, Inc. is an employee owned, multi-discipline consulting engineering firm with offices in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. We are a recognized leader in transportation, civil, environmental, water/wastewater, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering fields. Our depth of talent across disciplines allows our staff the opportunity to collaborate and serve our clients with innovative and sustainable solutions.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Transportation Engineering Project Manager to be based out of our Champaign, IL office. This position will be responsible for managing transportation projects from conception to delivery. A strong knowledge of transportation engineering, IDOT standards/procedures and demonstrated success guiding projects to successful completion are required. Our transportation projects can include a variety of linear features along a transportation corridor, such as traffic, pavement, signals and lighting, structures, storm systems, drainage, watermain transmission, and sanitary systems.
- Identifies and pursues projects and develops relationships with existing clients and prospects.
- Develops project approach, schedule and budget; negotiates scope and fee and any contract amendments with client.
- Assists clients with identifying and applying for funding and obtaining necessary permits at the local, state and federal levels.
- Develops high level design criteria and project work plan (PWP).
- Leads the project team and coordinates/manages tasks with other engineers, designers and construction staff.
- Conducts project team coordination meetings and serves as the point of contact for the client on all project related matters; insures QA/AC processes are implemented.
- Accountable for project performance and project deliverables; manages scope creep and takes corrective action as needed.
- B.S Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in transportation and Illinois PE are required.
- 10+ years of experience as a transportation design engineer with at least three (3) years of experience managing projects.
- Experience with project management functions including project scoping, schedule and budget development and QA/QC are required.
- Experience with Phase I & Phase II engineering for IDOT and municipal/county clients as well as with development of bid documents and special provisions is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the IDOT design manuals, submittals, permitting and environmental requirements is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface with clients and participate in public meetings.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work as part of a team across multiple offices. Ability to mentor and develop less experienced engineers.
- Experience with Bentley software for transportation projects; Microstation, ORD, etc.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to client and project sites is required.
As an employee-owned firm, Clark Dietz offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including staff bonus program, comprehensive insurance benefits, annual education budget, generous retirement and paid time off plans and ownership opportunity. To learn more about our firm please visit www.clarkdietz.com