Plant Manager - CSL
Clarkson Grain Company
Clarkson Specialty Lecithins (CSL) was founded in 2002, offering the world's first certified organic soy lecithin. It used an entirely natural process without any synthetic solvents, offering commercial quantities with excellent quality. Clarkson Specialty Lecithins produces organic and non-GMO lecithins from soybeans and sunflower.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed. This job description is not intended to be all inclusive of qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
PRODUCTION SCHEDULING: Oversee inventory and supply planning responsibilities for plant. Maintain production schedules to ensure the efficient, effective, and timely delivery of finished goods that meet company service and cost objectives. Inform VP of Sales and Business Development of needs for more product due to shortages or increased demand.
COMMUNICATION & COORDINATION: Effectively and efficiently communicate with co-workers (i.e., VP of Sales & Business Development, Senior Plant Operator, QA/QC Manager, Lab Technician, CSR) with the appropriate degree of urgency and attention to detail to ensure that their needs, in support of the customer's needs, are sufficiently addressed and met.
- Report production activities/results to the VP of Sales & Business Development to ensure strategiccoordination and effective assessment of inventory (raw materials and finished goods)
- Ensure production, food safety practices, and shipping/receiving activities are properlycoordinated to ensure prompt, safe and quality product and service to customers
QUALITY ASSURANCE: Responsible for ensuring the quality of products throughout the plant:
- Maintain quality standards (to company standards and customer expectations) of all in-bound and out-bound products in partnership with the QA/QC Manager and VP of Sales & Business Development.
- Monitor and track product throughout the production process in partnership with the Senior Plant Operator to ensure finished product meets quality standards prior to final packaging.
- Effectively and efficiently oversee and monitor the facility's sanitation programs and activities to ensure they meet or exceed required customer and regulatory food safety requirements.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT: Coach, train, develop, lead, and manage a team of 4-6 plant personnel to effectively, efficiently, and safely deliver upon the expectations of their roles. This includes, but is not limited to partnering with the Senior Plant Operator to:
- Temporarily reassign headcount to accomplish needs in other parts of the facility.
- Conduct performance reviews of their direct reports.
- Continually monitor the performance, development, and associated compensation andadvancement of plant personnel.
TRACEABILITY-RELATED PAPERWORK: Ensure traceability standards are met by ensuring all paperwork is completed efficiently and effectively with the appropriate attention to detail (i.e., production scheduling, quality assurance, export shipments, inbound, facility logs).
SAFETY: Ensure health and safety protocols, procedures, training, and paperwork are completed and followed during all stages of production to maintain a safe workplace. Lead safety committee meetings, safety training, and exposure and root cause analysis investigations.
OTHER DUTIES, AS ASSIGNED
- Skillfully serve as the back-up for all roles throughout the plant, as required)
- Serve on the food safety team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 3+ years of maintenance experience required (electrical, mechanical)
- 5-7 years of food processing/manufacturing or equivalent experience
- Understanding and appreciation of the food industry and organic and non-GMO industry norms andpractices
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Food Safety and Hazard Analysis and CriticalControl Plans are required and provided by employer.
- Ability to safely drive a forklift.
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic
- Experience and comfortability using analytic (i.e., Excel, QuickBooks) and communication tools (i.e.,PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Building Partnerships
- Monitoring Information
- Planning and Organizing
- Decision Making
- Facilitating Change
- Creating a Culture of Trust
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Safety Leadership
- Delegation and Empowerment
- Guiding Team Success
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture or business-related field or equivalent experience required
- 5-7 years of relevant experience as a plant manager or supervisor
- 3-5 years of experience managing, coaching, and leading a team
- Complete the following training and certifications (provided by the company):
- Manage, lead, and oversee a plant with 4-6 employees.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions. While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is frequently required to lift 55 pounds as a dead lift from the floor, occasionally pull 450-pound drums across two pallets as well as spend extended time standing on solid surfaces, operating forklifts, and operating Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs). Additional requirements include the ability to: stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter.
- Standard food manufacturing and warehouse environment.
- Use of cleaning chemicals under Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
This position is currently accepting applications.