Process Project Engineer
Farnsworth Group, Inc.
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
Join us and grow your career with a certified Great Place to Work for the last eight years running. We are a team of Engineers, Architects, Surveyors and Scientists committed to making meaningful contributions to the world around us. Our quest for excellence goes beyond the ordinary; we seek extraordinary people who want to showcase their talents and join us in making a difference for our clients and communities. You will be part of a collaborative group that champions your career and passions, embraces challenges, understands the importance of work-life balance, and shares our commitment in making a positive impact through your work.
Farnsworth Group is seeking a Project Process Engineer to join our Process Engineering Group. We have an immediate opportunity for a Remote position. In this role, you will lead and/or provide support in the process design for multidisciplinary projects. These projects will be in the semiconductor and high purity manufacturing sector.
- Manage and interface with clients
- Prepare project proposals
- Perform calculations for piping and equipment design
- CAD/BIM support
- Prepare construction documents
- Establish budgets and track project financials
Specific Requirements include:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in design and/or construction in Process Chemical, Water, Wastewater, or Gas Systems, preferably in microelectronics industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Environmental, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of Process Chemical, Gas, Water, and/or Wastewater systems and equipment
- General semiconductor, high purity, or chemical manufacturing process knowledge working with wafer facilities
- Experience with piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Professional Engineer (PE) License preferred (if not already received, licensure required within 1-2 years of accepting position)
- A solid understanding of thermodynamics, fluid flow, chemistry, and mass balance principles
- Familiarity with relevant design codes and regulation (ASME, IFC, ASHRAE, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge of instrumentation and controls (I&C) preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit preferred
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a team environment with strong attention to detail
- Encourages and supports a safety-oriented culture
- Ability to travel 25%.
About Farnsworth Group
Farnsworth Group is an award winning, employee-owned engineering, architecture, and surveying firm with more than 500 employees located in nearly 30 offices nationwide. We are ranked among the nation’s top design firms with clients ranging from small communities to some of the world’s largest brands. Our success is the direct result of our talented people, unwavering passion, and exceptional performance. Together, we collaborate with clients to define what matters most to them and strive to move them forward with proven solutions. We do this by focusing on our mission that centers on championing our clients’ successes, advancing our communities, and embracing the challenges of a changing world.
A Great Place to Work Certified
For eight consecutive years, Farnsworth Group has earned the esteemed certification as a Great Place to Work; our employees are the reason why! Annually, our staff engages in a survey administered by the Great Place to Work organization that delves into employee perceptions about credibility, respect, pride, fairness, and camaraderie. Those results are benchmarked against the nation’s leading companies, and only those top performers gain the Great Place to Work certification. The invaluable insights from the survey have played a pivotal role in further shaping our work environment and fostering a culture to make Farnsworth Group an even greater place to work.
Featured benefits and perks include:
- 401(k) with 100% Company Match up to 5%
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Professional Development and Training
- Mentoring Program
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness/Fitness Reimbursements
- Pet Insurance Plan
- Hybrid Work Program
Farnsworth Group appreciates that flexibility and work-life balance are an important aspect in the careers and lives of our employees. Our Hybrid Work Program offers employees a flexible work arrangement while contributing to the culture and success of the Company.
Statement on Diversity and Inclusion
Farnsworth Group is a collection of employees with unique backgrounds and perspectives that all come together to make us a better Company. It is our goal to recruit, hire, develop, retain, and promote a diverse group of people. Join us…and let’s make a difference, together.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.
For immediate consideration, please Apply Online by clicking on the "Apply for this Position" tab below.