Manufacturing Associate (Seasonal) HJ
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Are you looking to play an important role on a winning team? Are you looking for more than “just a job,” but a place where you can truly thrive and have your daily contributions make a real difference in someone’s life? At Varsity Brands we’re a growing company where you can lend your skills and talents in support of a greater mission. In return, you get to work with great people on challenging assignments that will accelerate your professional growth.
The Herff Jones Cap & Gown Manufacturing team, based in Champaign, IL is looking for manufacturing associates to join our production team as Quality Inspector.
HERE'S HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
Reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisor, you will be responsible for operating machines to assist in the production of graduation apparel items (caps, gowns, accessories). Types of machines will vary depending on the department and position.
- Inspect product to ensure it meets quality standards
- Learn product lines and learn how to operate machines in an efficient and safe manner
- Monitor machines to control quality
- Meet production goals
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
At least six months experience in a similar role preferred, in addition to meeting the following requirements:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet/exceed efficiency goals
- Ability to comprehend and process information
- Notice when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong
- Concentrate and not be distracted while performing a task
- Ability to recognize different colors and read tickets
- Combine several pieces of information and draw conclusions
- Physical Qualifications – daily activity includes but is not limited to lifting, carrying, sitting, fingering, grasping, reaching, standing, kneeling, walking; standing or moving throughout an 8 hour+ shift; be able to regularly lift, push, and pull up to 30lbs; noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to above
THE MOST TRUSTED NAME IN CELEBRATING STUDENT MILESTONES – HERFF JONES
Herff Jones is the leading provider of graduation and educational products and services designed to inspire achievement and create memorable experiences for students. Herff Jones' products include class rings and jewelry, caps and gowns, yearbooks, diplomas, frames, announcements and Greek accessories as well as motivation and recognition programs. Since 1920, our team has worked alongside students, faculty and staff on campuses nationwide to help build a stronger community and celebrate student milestones. Our continued success relies on hiring extraordinary talent, with a passion for making a difference and eagerness to roll up the sleeves, to help us write the story of our next 100 years.
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.