Sewing Machine Operator HJ
JOIN THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD IN SPORT, SPIRIT & ACHIEVEMENT
At Varsity Brands, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed and every educator wants to make a difference. It takes a team to make a real impact, and through our three distinct brands – BSN SPORTS, Varsity Spirit and Herff Jones – and our network of 9,000+ employees and independent representatives, we are proud to partner with schools, colleges and universities across the country to transform the student journey in SPORT, SPIRIT and ACHIEVEMENT.
Are you looking to play an important role on a winning team? Are you looking for more than “just a job,” but a place where you can truly thrive and have your daily contributions make a real difference in someone’s life? At Varsity Brands we’re a growing company where you can lend your skills and talents in support of a greater mission. In return, you get to work with great people on challenging assignments that will accelerate your professional growth.
HERE'S HOW YOU'LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
Operate and maintain sewing machines and related parts, needles, presser feet, automatic cutting tools and blades
- Read and interpret work orders and adjust machines and materials to match, including selecting fabric, thread and needles, mounting necessary attachments and double-checking settings before beginning a large run
- Inspect and repair finished products as needed and make machine adjustments to compensate for errors or quality issues
- Troubleshoot basic machinery problems and request service or repairs as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to differentiate colors and fabrics
- Daily activity includes but is not limited to lifting, carrying, sitting, fingering, grasping, reaching, standing, kneeling, walking; standing or moving throughout an 8 hour+ shift; be able to regularly lift, push, and pull up to 10lbs; noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to above.
THE MOST TRUSTED NAME IN CELEBRATING STUDENT MILESTONES – HERFF JONES
Herff Jones is the leading provider of graduation and educational products and services designed to inspire achievement and create memorable experiences for students. Herff Jones' products include class rings and jewelry, caps and gowns, yearbooks, diplomas, frames, announcements and Greek accessories as well as motivation and recognition programs. Since 1920, our team has worked alongside students, faculty and staff on campuses nationwide to help build a stronger community and celebrate student milestones. Our continued success relies on hiring extraordinary talent, with a passion for making a difference and eagerness to roll up the sleeves, to help us write the story of our next 100 years
Varsity Brands companies are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.