JELD WEN Inc.
JELD-WEN is currently seeking a Shipping Manager to join our growing team.
As a Shipping Manager at JELD-WEN, you will be responsible for managing and implementing the activities on the Truck Dock floor. You will also work with shipping, receiving, LTL, UPS, warehousing, following established procedures and approved processes consistent with JELD-WEN’s Mission Statement. You will report directly to the Plant Manager.
This is an onsite position and based in Rantoul, IL.
What You Will Do
- This position will work with “Lead” employees and is responsible for providing direct leadership to some “Lead” employees and their subordinates in their assigned areas of production in support of plant operations, goals and objectives.
- Position acts as a Liaison between upper management and hourly employees providing timely feedback up and down the organizational hierarchy.
- This position directly supervises all logistics and logistics support operations, and drives PSQDCI, OTIF, MDI, and CI activities and initiatives during the process.
- Proactively and regularly develops and manages team member’s performance and capabilities, based upon company Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Assures team activities, equipment, facilities, and personnel are operated and maintained in a manner consistent with established plant goals and objectives.
- Maintains logistics related equipment, inventory, and makes recommendations and adjustments to plant facilities and equipment to the Plant and Coordinating Group Managers, when necessary, in conjunction with CI initiatives, goals/objectives.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish plant/company goals and objectives in accordance with JELD-WEN’s Mission Statement.
- Implements all facets of JELD-WEN’s Environmental, Health and Safety standards to ensure compliance and safe work performance for Truck Dock personnel.
- Assists in the performance evaluations of staff and assists in proactive actions of subordinate personnel on an annual, bi-annual, or on an as needed basis.
- May perform other or specified duties as directed by the Plant Manager and/or Coordinating Group Manager.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's or associate degree in a related field and one (1) to three (3) years’ experience in a manufacturing or logistics environment, preferably in the window and door industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, to be determined by plant management.
- Some related college work and five (5) to seven (7) years of applicable work experience, to be determined by plant management.
- Knowledge of raw materials, preferably for door and window applications.
- Fundamental knowledge and experience in production and process improvement techniques including, but not limited to, PSQDCI, MDI, and Continuous Improvement (CI) methodologies and activities.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, technical aptitude, and problem-solving skills, and the ability to drive manufacturing process improvement techniques throughout the production process in a skillful and deliberate manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills up and down the organizational hierarchy.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office, and other position applicable software applications.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day. May on occasion travel to appropriate seminars and training
How You Stand Out
- Strong team skills, including the ability to coach and develop work teams and provide appropriate training on CI methods and initiatives to subordinates.
- The ability to motivate/empower others, resolve conflict, and possess a basic understanding of management principles and concepts.
- Basic understanding of JELD-WEN’s Mission Statement and overall corporate goals and objectives, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Knowledge of door and window logistics.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities on a daily basis.
About JELD-WEN Holding, Inc.
JELD-WEN is a leading global designer, manufacturer and distributor of high-performance interior and exterior doors, windows, and related building products serving the new construction and repair and remodeling sectors. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., the company operates facilities in 16 countries in North America and Europe and employs approximately 18,000 people. Since 1960, the JELD-WEN team has been committed to making quality products that create safe and sustainable environments for customers, associates and local communities. The JELD-WEN family of brands includes JELD-WEN® worldwide; LaCantina™ and VPI™ in North America; and Swedoor® and DANA® in Europe. For more information, visit jeld-wen.com.
In 2022, Newsweek named JELD-WEN as one of America’s Most Trustworthy Companies.
What We Offer
Investing in People is one of our Core Values, we strive to attract & retain great people! As such, JELD-WEN offers competitive compensation & benefits packages. As a global organization, specific benefits may vary, however typically including medical & dental, generous leave policies, retirement program, etc.
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
JELD-WEN does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.