JELD WEN Inc.
JELD-WEN is currently seeking a IT Specialist to join our growing team.
As an IT Specialist, you will support the training, data and other technical needs of Jeld Wen Inc and its community partners in the delivery of workforce development services. This role reports to the Information Technology Manager.
This is an onsite position and based in Rantoul, IL.
- Actively supports through task and attitude, the priority Jeld Wen Inc places on exceptional customer service.
- Assists in the daily management and operations of the IT department.
- Troubleshoots and repairs desktop computers, laptops and monitors.
- Installs new hardware and software and helps train employees on their usage.
- Maintains clean and organized computer labs and resource center computers/devices.
- Maintains updated hardware and software inventories and disposes old devices.
- Maintains technical checklists to enhance IT processes, documents and records.
- Provides accurate and timely updates, status reports, and information on a timely basis
- Defines problems, collects supporting data, and draws conclusions.
- Participates in research and departmental decision making.
- Ability to work flexible hours with occasional evening and weekend work if necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and desire to be part of continuous learning environment
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Sets priorities and manages time in order to complete IT duties in timely manner.
- Exercises discretion in the handling of confidential information and material.
- Assists in the development of curricula for computer workshops and has experience as a workshop leader or has interest in teaching computer workshops.
- Participates on interdepartmental teams as needed.
- Ability to maintain excellent and respectful working relationship with coworkers and customers from diverse backgrounds.
- Exhibits professionalism by attendance, punctuality, accountability, appearance, demeanor, and the willingness to go beyond normal job expectations.
- Functions in a manner consistent with Jeld Wen Inc’s mission and goals.
- Participates on programmatic teams as required
- Maintains a current library of software back-ups for all machinery in the manufacturing environment.
- Other general duties as required
Who You Are
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree preferred; A combination of college coursework or technical school in Information Technology Systems or a minimum of three (3) years of responsible Information Technology Specialist related experience at a JELD-WEN plant or comparable facility may be substituted for an Associate’s Degree at the discretion of management.
- 2 -3 years of hands-on experience working in an end-user desktop support role or computer operations environment
- Computer and thin client/peripheral device troubleshooting proficiency
- Applicable knowledge in Windows XP 7 and Windows 10
- Office applications proficiency in Microsoft Office (2013 to 2016 or/and Office 365) and Google Suite.
- Experienced in the configuration of new desktop computers, laptops, printers, scanners, etc.
- Able to install, uninstall and configure software applications (Antivirus, MS Office, etc.).
- Able to install hardware such as UTP cables, phones, wireless adaptors, and others.
- Experienced in upgrading applications and network hardware and testing software compatibility with existing hardware and software.
- Management of software application patches (Windows updates, Adobe, Internet browsers, etc.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be on occasion exposed to fumes, cleaning solutions, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and machines, vibrations and loud noises. All safety protocols including OSHA guidelines as mentioned above are mandatory.
How You Stand Out
- Passion for keeping up to date with the latest technology.
- Be a team player
- Be results driven
- Must recognize unsafe conditions and take appropriate action on same to ensure the safety of themselves and others in the building and facility
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
About JELD-WEN Holding, Inc.
JELD-WEN is a leading global designer, manufacturer and distributor of high-performance interior and exterior doors, windows, and related building products serving the new construction and repair and remodeling sectors. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., the company operates facilities in 16 countries in North America and Europe and employs approximately 18,000 people. Since 1960, the JELD-WEN team has been committed to making quality products that create safe and sustainable environments for customers, associates and local communities. The JELD-WEN family of brands includes JELD-WEN® worldwide; LaCantina™ and VPI™ in North America; and Swedoor® and DANA® in Europe. For more information, visit jeld-wen.com.
In 2022, Newsweek named JELD-WEN as one of America’s Most Trustworthy Companies.
What We Offer
Investing in People is one of our Core Values, we strive to attract & retain great people! As such, JELD-WEN offers competitive compensation & benefits packages. As a global organization, specific benefits may vary, however typically including medical & dental, generous leave policies, retirement program, etc.
JELD-WEN is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation based on individuals’ physical traits, beliefs, and/or other characteristics that are protected under applicable laws.
JELD-WEN does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.