Program Specialist (Events/Membership)
National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions
Marketing & Communications, People & HR, Sales & Business Development · Full-time
Champaign, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2023
The National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions (NAAHP) is seeking a highly organized and dynamic Program Specialist to join our team and focus on the coordination and execution of our association's events and membership program. The successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring our events are well-planned, executed, and evaluated, while also managing and growing & developing our membership program.
- Assist in coordination of planning and executing biennial national conference and provide support for regional meetings.
- Oversee the registration processes for events, including assisting in creating registration forms and ensuring accurate reporting.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to execute successful events.
- Communicate event details and promotions to members and non-members through various channels.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of relationships with event sponsors and partners.
- Manage the association's membership program, including processing new memberships and renewals, maintaining accurate records, and timely communication with members & prospective members.
- Serve as association point person for membership related inquiries and provide exceptional customer service to members and non-members.
- Generate reports and analyze data to measure the success of the membership program.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Membership Committee to develop & implement strategies to increase membership and engagement.
- Assist with other programs and initiatives as needed.
- 2-5 years of experience in event coordination and/or membership management.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience (or willingness to learn) event planning software and membership management systems.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
- Knowledge of the higher education industry is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office 365 Suite.
If you are passionate about higher education and have a track record of successfully coordinating events and managing membership programs, we encourage you to apply.
National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions is an equal opportunity employer.