Student Employee Pool-Athletics
Student Employee Pool-Athletics
Hourly Rate: $13.00
We hire student employees on an as-needed basis, and the number of positions available fluctuates throughout the academic year. All student employment applications will remain on file until April 2024.
Student employment positions are part-time,19 hour-or-less per week, temporary/seasonal appointments. Some positions may require federal work study. The work schedule is dependent upon departmental needs and employee's availability, typically work hours are between 8 AM - 5 PM, Monday thru Friday.
For information about student employment and the requirements, visit: Financial Aid/Student Employment
Essential Job Functions
- Answer phone calls and greet visitors; attempt to respond to inquiries and provide appropriate information; take messages when needed.
- File and retrieve documents, records, and reports.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email. Deliver, pick-up, and distribute internal mail and packages for the department as needed.
- Create documents using Microsoft Office applications. Learn other computer programs to assist with data entering.
- Assist with completing forms in accordance with department procedures.
- Create and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents.
- Provide assistance with website content as needed.
- Operate office equipment, such as copiers, PCs, and/or phone systems.
- May assist with home sporting events for both women's and men's sports under the general direction of the Director of Athletics. Potentially serve in various support roles such as scoreboard operator, usher, ticket taker, ball person, etc.
- Work independently and efficiently.
- May assist with special projects, research, and events.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Meet all eligibility requirements for student employment as determined by Financial Aid. Some positions may require Federal Work Study.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and office filing systems.
- Ability to learn how to operate standard office equipment and computer systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone. Excellent spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Access, Excel, Word) is preferred.
- Ability to work inclusively in a diverse setting.
- Maintain confidentiality, be punctual, communicate changes in work schedule in advance.
- Appropriate attire as discussed for the work environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. Applications not submitted through https://www.parkland.edu/careers will not be considered.
Please monitor your email, including spam or junk mail folders, for future correspondence from Parkland College Human Resources.
For further information application process, please contact at 217-351-2220.
Applicants with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted by contacting Human Resources at 217-351-2220 or by emailing email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer