Assistant Teacher, Child Development Center
Application Close Date/Time: Wednesday September 27, 2023 at 7PM CDT
This position is a Full-Time, 12-Month, Professional Support Staff appointment with an annual salary of $31,473.41.
TheAssistant Teacher of the Child Development Center develops and implementsappropriate curriculum in conjunction with the Head Teacher; interacts withchildren, parents and other staff members; assesses children and implementshealth and safety procedures to promote social, emotional and cognitive growthand development in a safe nurturing environment. The positioninvolves frequent handling of confidential information and records. TheAssistant Teacher must be able to educate and supervise groups of children inaddition to maintaining a safe environment. The Assistant Teacher also assists with the supervision of studentworkers, aides and practicum students as needed.
Applicants must submit:
- An online employment application
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and implements appropriate curriculum.
- Preparing lesson plans, accumulating, making, or purchasing materials to support educational themes.
- Promotes social, emotional, and cognitive growth and development in a safe nurturing environment.
- Communicates with children, parents, and other staff members.
- Evaluates children and implements health and safety procedures.
- Collaborates with other CDC staff, Parkland Departments, government agencies, and health professionals to solve problems and provide the optimal learning environment for each student.
- Organizing field trips.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One (1) of the following:
- Sixty (60) semester hours (or 90 quarter hours) of credits from an accredited college or university with six (6) semester or nine (9) quarter hours in courses related directly to child care and/or child development, from birth to age six; or
- One year (1560 clock hours) of child development experience in a nursery school, kindergarten, or licensed day care center and 30 semester hours (or 45 quarter hours) of credits from an accredited college or university with six semester or nine quarter hours in courses related directly to child care and/or child development, from birth to age six; or
- Completion of credentialing programs approved by the DCFS.
- One (1) year experience in child development in a nursery school, kindergarten, or licensed day care center.
- Must meet the general requirements for personnel established by the state of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) including sections 407.100 and 407.140 of the DCFS Licensing Standards.
- Must pass a background check as specified by DCFS section 407.110 and Parkland College.
- Provide proof/documentation of receiving immunizations as specified by DCFS Child Care Act.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and First Aid Certification.
- In an effort to comply with SURS return-to-work restrictions for employers (40 ILCS 5/15-139.5), candidates for employment at Parkland College must either not be a SURS annuitant or must be willing to suspend his/her SURS annuity upon employment. This applies to all SURS annuitants except those receiving their annuity under either the Self-Managed Plan (SMP) or by lump sum payment.
Robust benefits, including medical insurance with no monthly premiums, dental, life, disability, retirement plans, flexible spending, dependent care, EAP, work/life balance with generous paid time off, and tuition waiver.
Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. Applications not submitted through https://www.parkland.edu/careers will not be considered.
Please monitor your email, including spam or junk mail folders, for future correspondence from Parkland College Human Resources.
For further information application process, please contact at 217-351-2220.
Applicants with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted by contacting Human Resources at 217-351-2220 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer