Head Coach, Women’s Soccer
Head Coach, Women’s Soccer
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION(S) FILLED.
The Head Women’s Soccer Coach is responsible for providing the leadership and coaching expertise necessary to lead the Parkland College women’s soccer team and ensure the academic progress of student-athletes. The Head Women’s Soccer Coach is a part-time, 12 month, stipend appointment on a schedule established by the Athletic Director. Internal and external events may occasionally necessitate an altered work schedule. The Head Women’s Soccer Coach must be able to work independently and accurately prioritize tasks.
Applicants must submit:
- An online employment application
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
Essential Job Functions:
- Recruit student-athletes according to National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), Midwest Athletic Conference (MWAC), and Parkland College Athletics Department guidelines.
- Manage team budget and participate in fundraising efforts for the department.
- Plan and schedule league and non-league contests, transportation, and trainings and practice sessions.
- Compile, maintain, and report all game scores and statistics as required by the NJCAA and MWAC.
- Plan and contribute to the team’s technical training sessions; teach proper technique and training methods.
- Serve as a positive role model creating an environment for the team that promotes good sportsmanship, open communication, team discipline, and respect.
- Show athletes how to use fitness center equipment one-on-one or while in a group and instruct on the proper use of modern physical fitness equipment.
- When needed, drive teams to away contests.
- Monitor team member’s academic status, assist with placement of players to four-year colleges, and ensure adherence to NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and past experience coaching and/or teaching soccer.
- Obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check with fingerprinting.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with diverse populations.
- In an effort to comply with SURS return-to-work restrictions for employers (40 ILCS 5/15-139.5), candidates for employment at Parkland College must either not be a SURS annuitant or must be willing to suspend his/her SURS annuity upon employment. This applies to all SURS annuitants except those receiving their annuity under either the Self-Managed Plan (SMP) or by lump sum payment.
Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. Applications not submitted through https://www.parkland.edu/careers will not be considered.
Please monitor your email, including spam or junk mail folders, for future correspondence from Parkland College Human Resources.
For further information application process, please contact at 217-351-2220.
Applicants with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted by contacting Human Resources at 217-351-2220 or by emailing email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer