Chemistry Tenure-Track Faculty
Chemistry Tenure-Track Faculty
Application Close Date/Time: Monday, January 15th, at 6PM CT
This position is a Full-Time, Tenure-Track, Parkland Academic Employees (PAE) appointment.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Tenure-Track Faculty teach a full-time load as per the PAE bargaining agreement. They advise and mentor students and participate in governance of their departments and the college.
Applicants must submit:
- An online employment application
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
- Copy of official transcripts from the institution where you received your highest degree. If hired, certified official transcript is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide classroom instruction in accordance with the stated philosophy, objectives, and established course outlines of the college and department.
- Inform students of course regulations, evaluation procedures, and other information pertinent to the course; prepare a course syllabus for each course and distribute it early in each term.
- Promote a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the classroom and the College.
- Is available for student advising/mentoring.
- Maintain regular office hours to ensure availability for student consultation; provide assistance to students in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate scholastic records of students; submit required reports on student progress according to published deadlines.
- Work closely with department chair to design, maintain, and update course curriculum and materials for assigned courses.
- Perform professional duties in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the college and department.
- Participate in departmental governance, including curriculum development, instructional materials selection, and academic assessment.
- Participate in college-wide shared governance, including Parkland College Association (PCA) Senate, its committees, administrative committees, and accreditation committees.
- Participate in student recruitment and retention efforts.
- Foster and maintain a collegial, equitable, and collaborative work environment in which all team members have a shared understanding of the mission of the institution and clear expectations of their responsibilities in that mission and accountability for those responsibilities.
- Participate in professional development activities related to discipline knowledge and/or teaching skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the department chair.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry; OR Master’s degree in Biology and 18 graduate credit hours in Chemistry; OR Master’s degree in related field with 18 graduate credit hours in both Chemistry.
- Knowledge of trends, developments, new technologies affecting chemistry and chemistry education.
- Post-secondary teaching experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to engage professionally with a diverse population of faculty, staff, students, and other members of the campus community.
- Ability to professionally engage in positive working relationships with members of the Parkland College community and members of the public.
- Ability to learn the Parkland information system and new programs as technology changes.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check with fingerprinting.
- In an effort to comply with SURS return-to-work restrictions for employers (40 ILCS 5/15-139.5), candidates for employment at Parkland College must either not be a SURS annuitant or must be willing to suspend his/her SURS annuity upon employment. This applies to all SURS annuitants except those receiving their annuity under either the Self-Managed Plan (SMP) or by lump sum payment.
Robust benefits, including medical insurance with no monthly premiums, dental, life, disability, retirement plans, flexible spending, dependent care, EAP, work/life balance with generous paid time off, and tuition waiver.
Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. Applications not submitted through https://www.parkland.edu/careers will not be considered.
Please monitor your email, including spam or junk mail folders, for future correspondence from Parkland College Human Resources.
For further information application process, please contact at 217-351-2220.
Applicants with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process.
Requests may be submitted by contacting Human Resources at 217-351-2220 or by emailing email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer