Automotive Tenure-Track Faculty
Automotive Tenure-Track Faculty
Application Close Date/Time: Monday, January 15th, at 6PM CT
This position is a Full-Time, Tenure-Track, Parkland Academic Employees (PAE) appointment.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Automotive Faculty work in conjunction with the department chair and other faculty to advise and mentor students and participate in governance of their departments and the college. Tenure-Track Faculty teach a full-time load as per the Parkland Academic Employees (PAE) bargaining agreement. Courses taught may include: ASE Accredited Comprehensive Automotive Technology and Ford ASSET.
Applicants must submit:
- An online employment application
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
- Copy of official transcripts from the institution where you received your highest degree. If hired, certified official transcript is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide classroom instruction in accordance with the stated philosophy, objectives, and established course outlines of the college and conduct academic assessment and program evaluation.
- Inform students of course regulations, evaluation procedures, and other information pertinent to the course; prepare a course syllabus for each course and post with other course information on college's Learning Management System (LMS) by date set by the College.
- Teach courses day, evening and weekend based on industry and student needs.
- Teach courses through nontraditional delivery methods, flexible, hybrid, noncredit and competency based.
- Maintain regular office hours to ensure availability for student consultation; provide assistance to students in a timely manner.
- Is available for student advising/mentoring.
- Participate in the instruction of other classes as needed.
- Maintain accurate scholastic records of students; submit required reports on student progress according to published deadlines.
- Participate in student recruitment and retention efforts.
- Work closely with department chair to design, maintain, and update course curriculum and materials for assigned courses.
- Perform professional duties in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the college and department.
- Participate in departmental governance, including curriculum development, instructional materials selection, and academic assessment.
- Participate in college-wide shared governance, including Parkland College Association (PCA) Senate, its committees, administrative committees, and accreditation committees.
- Participate in professional development activities related to discipline knowledge and/or teaching skills.
- Assist the Department Chair and Dean with external relations.
- Work closely with advisory and faculty committees to maintain and improve the quality of courses and programs.
- Work as liaison between appropriate agencies in the community.
- Assist in program evaluation and accreditation procedures.
- Work with faculty to facilitate text selection.
- Assist the Department Chair with equipment maintenance and repair.
- Monitor adherence to safety codes, budget constraints, and departmental policies.
- Stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field.
- Foster and maintain a collegial, equitable, and collaborative work environment in which all team members have a shared understanding of the mission of the institution and clear expectations of their responsibilities in that mission and accountability for those responsibilities.
- Maintain a minimum of 20 hours of update technical training per year.
- Maintain Master ASE certification.
- Maintain Ford STST training in areas of instruction.
- Plan and participate in student activities outside the classroom. These activities may include weekends and overnight travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the department chair.
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in the field plus 5 years of industry experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience with a more advanced degree.
- Master ASE certification or commitment to obtain certification within one year.
- Ford STST certification or commitment to obtain prior to tenure.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check with fingerprinting.
- Ability to learn Parkland information systems and new programs as technology changes.
- In an effort to comply with SURS return-to-work restrictions for employers (40 ILCS 5/15-139.5), candidates for employment at Parkland College must either not be a SURS annuitant or must be willing to suspend his/her SURS annuity upon employment. This applies to all SURS annuitants except those receiving their annuity under either the Self-Managed Plan (SMP) or by lump sum payment.
Robust benefits, including medical insurance with no monthly premiums, dental, life, disability, retirement plans, flexible spending, dependent care, EAP, work/life balance with generous paid time off, and tuition waiver.
Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. Applications not submitted through https://www.parkland.edu/careers will not be considered.
Please monitor your email, including spam or junk mail folders, for future correspondence from Parkland College Human Resources.
For further information application process, please contact at 217-351-2220.
Applicants with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process.
Requests may be submitted by contacting Human Resources at 217-351-2220 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer