Director of Managed IT Services
Job Title: Director of Managed IT Services
Department: Managed Services
Reports to: VP of IT Ops, Security and Managed Services
The Director of Managed IT Services will report to the VP of IT Ops, Security, and Managed Services. The position provides leadership over the Managed IT Services team and ensures growth and stability in that team and the customers we have as well as engaging with our sales team to ensure growth of the customer base.
This position will be responsible for championing best practices and managing a team for the development of Managed IT Services for customers on a national basis based on common ITSM constructs.
- Direct District teams in the development, lab testing, documentation and revision maintenance of commercial network engineering standards, solutions, and designs
- Collaborate and partner with the technology architecture, design & engineering peer groups on network requirements, vendor selection, certification, and standardization
- Certify integration standards on all managed services devices and services, vendor equipment test, Firmware upgrade and regression testing
- Ensure and enforce network integration strategy, compliancy and best practice for commercial solutions, configurations and network standards
- Provide vision and strategy for Managed Services Architecture, equipment selection, tools, systems, technical specifications and technology integration teams
- Direct teams to provide Tier III support and escalation for high severity and critical network events or service issues at each customer accordingly
- Works in close conjunction with Fiber Operations, NOC, Phone, PMO and internal teams to coordinate activities to assure sound overall architecture and operations practices are used in delivering service
- Understanding of Ethernet, IP and TDM based networks and architectures
- Understanding of routing protocols, RF, 802.11 standards, Video processing standards, and Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) Technical Specifications
- Understanding and vision as it relates to Network change, augment and failure as well as the benefit and consequence of each
- Industry knowledge of Wireless, Wi-Fi, Carrier Ethernet, MEF Standards and related product suites
- Must have the ability to create and communicate executive reports to the levels of Vice President and President in a clear and concise manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar degree
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience, including, but not limited to operating, engineering, or leading teams that develop or engineer Ethernet, IP, Managed Services based networks, architectures, or designs
- Proven track record of establishing Network Engineering & Integration Standards
- Working knowledge and experience with Network Engineering, Planning, Design, Architecture & Integration
- Experience with multiple brands of switches, routers, and firewall devices
- 5+ years’ experience with SAAS offerings including but not limited to IAAS, PAAS, DAAS, and NAAS
- Previous experience in leading dispersed and geographically deployed teams in the deployment and support of network equipment, routing protocols and customer data solutions
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Come join our rapidly growing team! Pavlov Media is a dynamic company that has been building great networks for over 30 years and has been named by The Silicon Review as one of the 50 Best Companies to watch! Headquartered in Champaign, Illinois, we’re one of the nation’s largest private providers of broadband services, serving communities in 44 US states.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance on day one
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Paid holidays
- 401K with Company match
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
Pavlov Media is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.