The System Engineer will spend most of their time working on designing cloud controller architectures, feature definition, and prioritization and define and program interfaces for other software pieces that the cloud controller needs to interact with. They will work with external suppliers and internal teams and create a foundation for rapid scaling of the cloud controller and the network as a whole. You will lead the creation of AI/ML solutions and microservices establishing cutting edge networking solutions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Collaborate with the design and product management teams and decide what we should build, and why.
- Provide senior thought leadership and significant technical contributions to help develop target network architectures and recommendations for the evolution of the network technology stack.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
- Drive validation plan and execution to ensure network architecture / design is meeting the specifications.
- Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving competitors.
- Provide in-depth technical expertise to identify and evaluate innovations in networking and assess their impact on the network infrastructure.
- Contribute to next-generation networking proof-of-concept projects in close collaboration with partners to deliver tangible outcomes that guide new technology investments and implementation decisions to evolve the network technology stack.
- Break down and prioritizing lists of product requirements into smaller, deployable features and Microservices.
- Perform technical design and code reviews & promote best practices and design patterns.
- Create and derive specifications for a networking cloud controller.
- 7-10 years’ experience with several of the following:
- Solid understanding of full networking stack (routing, switching and optical networking), including key protocols & standards, Linux networking and open-source solutions, vendor ecosystems and implementation best practices.
- Cloud native software architecture.
- Cloud compute platform knowledge such as Kubernetes, Nomad, Openstack.
- Familiar with application deployment in container and pod models with devops automation.
- DevOps tools such as Helm.
- Scripting familiarity shell/bash, python.
- API experience, REST and NETCONF.
- API design experience in OpenAPI compliance with client development in any of Python, Go, Java, C++
- Database experience both relational and noSQL specifically PostGres and Mongo.
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi and IEEE 802.11
- Understanding of interfacing with embedded software
- Experience with IoT
- Network automation and orchestration
- Familiarity with cloud network concepts including nginx, traefik, and CNI protocols.
- Familiarity with front end UI/UX React, Django, related.
- Knowledge of PKI security concepts including certbot or related.
- Knowledge of metrics collection and common logging.
- Microservices and RESTful APIs: design, implementation and consumption.
- Demonstrated understanding of distributed systems and associated concepts like asynchronous messaging, streaming, scalability & performance, data consistency, high availability, integrations (data, APIs) etc.
- Hands-on experience with using continuous integration / continuous deployment processes and tools.
- Understanding of Wireless and wired networking.
- Effective team player.
- Passionate and excited to learn continuously.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
Pavlov Media is a fast-growing internet service provider that is headquartered in Champaign, Illinois and has staff located throughout the country. We are a dynamic, collaborative company dedicated to drive the forefront of communications technology for the ultimate internet user experience. If you are a Product Manager who is dreaming of faster, better connectivity that provides an unparalleled user experience then this is a unique opportunity to join a team creating game changing technology within the internet service provider industry.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance on day one
- 3 weeks of PTO
- 15 paid holidays
- 401K with Company match
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement