Manufacturing Technician - Champaign, IL
Manufacturing Technician – Champaign, IL
PhotoniCare (www.photoni.care) is a fast-growing VC-funded MedTech company with a mission to improve health outcomes using cutting-edge technology. We have developed the first FDA-cleared OCT-based imaging system, OtoSight Middle Ear Scope, for assisting in the diagnosis of ear infections, a condition that affects 80% of children. The company operates with a philosophy of providing a fun, exciting, and collaborative work environment for all team members. PhotoniCare also makes dedicated efforts toward the professional and personal growth of all its team. Benefits include paid vacation time and holidays, health and dental insurance, and a 401(k) with company match.
We’re expanding our manufacturing capabilities and are looking for a technician who can build and test devices and help increase manufacturing efficiency. The ideal candidate is excited to work in the dynamic environment of a startup, cares about producing high-quality work, and has excellent attention to detail.
The role is a full-time in-person role based in Champaign, Illinois. Continued employment will be contingent on a successful 90-day evaluation period.
- Assembling medical devices
- Testing device functionality
- Inspecting material
- Using quality control and enterprise resource planning software
- Completing quality and traceability documentation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to follow detailed written instructions
- Good written communication skills
- Basic assembly skills
- Basic computer skills
Additional skills which are beneficial but not required:
- Prior experience in manufacturing
- Familiarity with measuring equipment such as height gauges, micrometers, and calipers
- Quality experience or experience working in a regulated environment
- Experience in optics, electrical assembly, or electrical or mechanical troubleshooting
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Heather Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org