The Electrical Technician repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as electric, motor, pneumatic, conveyor systems, vision systems, production equipment and plant support machines. This position uses the knowledge of RS Logix 500, 5000, computer networking, HMI and robotics to perform the following responsibilities:
- Observes automation in operation and troubleshoots to locate root causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special function and structural parts in devices.
- Troubleshooting of automated machinery.
- Responsible for adhering to all Good Manufacturing Practices GMP rules.
- Initiates work order for parts for machines.
- Programming of Allen Bradley PLCs, HMI’s, Vision Systems and networking.
- Performs work in a safe manner, and is responsible for following all safety policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot electrical panels and components.
- Engineer MTBF improvements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have an Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent education from a two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year (or more) of related experience in Electrical or Mechanical Field.
- Ability to read and interpret verbal and written documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively to Associates and contractors.
- Ability to perform mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Successful problem solving skills involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Plastipak is an Equal Opportunity Employer