Product Manager/Product Analyst
We have received your application. Thanks for applying
Product Manager/Product AnalystR&D · Champaign, Illinois
At Smartz Inc, we rely on our dynamic team of engineers to solve the many challenges and puzzles that come with our rapidly evolving technical stack. We are seeking a full stack engineer who is ready to work with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking organization that’s always pushing boundaries. Here, you will take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack. Our ideal candidate has experience building products across the stack and a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple back-end languages. You’ll be joining a small team working at the forefront of new technology, solving the challenges that impact both the front end and back-end architecture, and ultimately, delivering amazing global user experiences.
Smartz was founded in June of 2021 by Dr. Kevin Wan who has been a successful entrepreneur in the smart home industry for more than 10 years. Our team at Smartz wants to disrupt the PropTech Industry by providing advanced AI software that is compatible with industry leading smart home devices and will provide property owners and tenants with an all-in-one solution to all of their property management needs.
Our team uses the latest mobile technologies for all features of Smartz apps, which include live video streaming/recording, motion/sound alerts, AI powered object detection, video access sharing functions, etc. We always strive to develop innovative features to create secure and smart device management experiences for our users and business partners.
Benefits and Compensation
- Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Retirement and savings plan with company match
- Robust paid time off package
- Paid Company Holidays
- Defining business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders
- DIdentifying and then prioritizing technical and functional requirements
- Creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for a business
- Coordinate with different departmental teams to produce better business outcomes
- Test business processes and recommend improvements
- Planning and monitoring products using agile methods
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business analysis, business administration or related field
- A minimum of 2 years experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong management and organizational skills
Smartz’s commitment of diversity and inclusion is one we strive to continuously cultivate. We aim to provide everyone regardless of identity a space where they can grow and feel seen as a person first. These are more than just words to us; they are guidelines for how we build and foster our team, our leaders, and the core culture of our company. We are also an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with the law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in the company's HRM system, regular testing, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape.