Sr. Brand Designer
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2023
We’re Tovala, a food-tech company reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and fresh food delivery, we make it incredibly simple for anyone to prepare and enjoy delicious, home-cooked meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. Through our superior technology, product experience and food quality, we have separated Tovala from the busy pack of other meal delivery businesses. In the process, we’ve amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following and our retention, product engagement and customer NPS are all best-in-class. We’ve raised over $100mm from great investors like Left Lane Capital, Origin Ventures, Y Combinator and Comcast Ventures and have invested strongly in building a unique culture that fosters growth, personal development and camaraderie.
Tovala is on the lookout for an experienced Senior Brand Designer with a mixture of strategic thinking and hands-on design chops. In this role you will perform various creative functions necessary to elevate our brand across multiple touch-points. Your creative taste, imagination, resourcefulness, and commitment will be essential as you work to bring the Tovala brand to life and continue to delight customers. This role is perfect for you if you have a passion for visual design, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are interested in developing new and exciting creative for a fast growing food-tech company. Sound like your dream job? Read on.
How you'll spend your time at Tovala
- Create on-brand, engaging visual experiences across all print & digital channels
- Leverage conceptual thinking, creative genius, and visual storytelling to solve complex business problems
- Execute design projects from concept to delivery, working closely with cross-functional collaborators and managing stakeholders
- Art direct photo and video shoots to help bring the creative concept to life
- Present your work to internal stakeholders using your strong verbal communication skills to compellingly and enthusiastically convey the work, the thinking behind it, and how it answers the brief
- Collaborate with copywriters to create on-brand messaging for all digital assets
- Champion the value of design within and across the company, mentoring the team to produce inspiring, provocative, and disruptive results
- Foster curiosity and bring new ideas and inspiration to the table that guides the company at large
- Work independently, collaboratively, prioritize accordingly, and iterate quickly
- Reporting to the Creative Director, you will serve as a go-to resource, picking up projects and tasks as needed
- 6+ years experience within the field of design; Agency and/or in-house experience a plus
- DTC and e-commerce experience preferred; Experience with food and beverage is a major plus but not required
- Excellent creative online portfolio showcasing a range of work across all mediums
- Experience in art directing photo shoots, select process, artistic cropping, minor retouching, and sharing assets through a content library system
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative SuiteProficiency with Figma preferred
- Experience with digital project management software (Asana / Basecamp) a plus
- A proven track record of designing delightful experiences that help marketing teams achieve business goals
- Experience creating and directing large scale projects from concept to execution
- Ability to formulate multiple conceptual directions to represent the brand and visualize those concepts via moodboards
- You create concepts explore a range of differentiated creative solutions that explore where the brand is at and where it could go
- Strong instincts on how design and copy work together to create engaging customer experiences
- A passion for brand building, maintaining, directing, and evolving
- Confidence to challenge what isn’t working and be at the forefront of innovative design
- Ability to quickly absorb, express and expand upon Brand Platform and Graphic Standards
- Excellent organization and decision-making skills with ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- A great collaborator who can work with a diverse group of people (designers, comms strategists, engineers, chefs, customer support agents, etc.) to iterate on and create the best possible design solutions
- Display rock-solid graphic design skills with an eye for typography, composition, layout, color, and pixel-level attention to detail
Compensation & Benefits
- Tovala uses market data, geography, and placement of internal employees to determine appropriate salary. Additionally, we offer all employees real ownership in the company in the form of a competitive equity package.
- Unlimited paid time off (with a minimum of 15 days off you HAVE to take)
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage we really invest in
- 401k with match
- Free Tovala Smart Oven and discounted Tovala meals
- Paid holidays and our winter holiday office shutdown where the offices and facilities close for a week around Christmas and New Years
- Various other perks - recognition programs, continued learning stipend, casual dress code, in-office coffee, snacks and drinks, and Tovala swag
The values we hold dear
Put the team first
We put what is best for the broader team ahead of what is best for ourselves or our immediate department.
Get s#!t done (well)
We celebrate people at all levels for delivering high impact work that expands the bounds of what we’re able to do.
Connect the dots
We engage with curiosity to learn how our work impacts others so that we can problem-solve holistically and work collaboratively.
We share our perspective openly and directly, even when it feels difficult to do so.
Embrace the obstacles
We rise to meet challenges with a sense of urgency, resolve, and optimism.
Champion the customer
We consider and prioritize our customer in all of our decisions
At Tovala we‘re committed to building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here!
See more open positions at Tovala
Something looks off?