Office Manager - Gender & Sexuality Resource Center
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Student Success, Inclusion & Belonging
Job SummaryProvide personal assistance and support to the Director and Assistant Director of the Gender & Sexuality Resource Center. Providing managerial, secretarial, and organizational support to staff the Center.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting the Director and Assistant Director.
- Making the Director and Asst. Director aware of day-to-day operations within the unit, having the familiarity to respond with appropriate course of action.
- Acting as proxy for signing appropriate documents.
- Drafting and composing correspondence and reports as directed.
- Open, screen, and direct incoming correspondence.
- Maintaining records, files and confidential documents.
- Attending meetings in Director or Asst. Director’s absence.
- Maintaining Director and Asst. Dir. calendars, notifying professional staff of deadlines.
- Manage and maintain all fiscal records; including the recording of fiscal transactions and funding involving a variety of accounts and providing summaries of current financial status related to proposed expenditures.
- Providing advice regarding day-to-day fiscal decision by keeping track of the units budget.
- Reconciling all P & T card activity in the appropriate systems for all members of the center.
- Serving as the contact person regarding co-sponsorship among other units on campus.
- Processing contracts for services and speakers.
- Conducting research and troubleshooting any issues.
- Greet visitors, screen calls, provide general information, and disseminate policy and procedure information. Respond to inquiries, and act as personal liaison between professional staff and other units. Making appropriate referrals and appointments as needed with staff members.
- Assist the Assistant Director with the recruitment, review, and selection of the hiring process of the GSRC’s undergraduate student interns/ staff.
- Manage the coordination and scheduling of the GSRC volunteers for GSRC events, programming, etc.
- Arrange University business travel and lodging accommodations for staff and guests, prepare and maintain expense reports for principal(s)
- Manage the coordination and scheduling of workshops and other events by reserving space and equipment, reviewing policies and procedures, contracting with speakers, getting cost estimates, etc.
- Maintain a well-stocked workplace, orders food for all events and orders office and resource center supplies using iBuy, T-Card and P-Card appropriately.
- Perform related duties as assigned by principle or necessary for the performance of this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years (24 months) of work experience comparable to the third level of this series.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work with a wide variety of individuals, and an ability to operate office computers and other related equipment. An interest in and ability to learn new software applications are desirable.
- Attuned to the sensitive nature of working with individuals that self identify as LGBTQ+ or in the process of coming out and/or transitioning by fostering an environment that is open, safe and inclusive for people of all sexualities and gender identities.
- The ability to exercise judgment while managing and prioritizing work activities within the Gender and Sexuality Resource Center.
- Understanding of confidentiality and sensitivity required in dealing with students, student records and other information pertaining to their cases or situations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required for daily interactions, both verbal and written with students, alumni, faculty, staff and community members.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Banner, EDDIE, iBuy, TEM, Chrome River, P-Card & T-Card applications.
- Familiarity with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and its policies and procedures.
- Ability to function independently and manage the day-to-day operations of the Gender and Sexuality Resource Center under the authority of the Director.
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 3266 - Office Manager position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after 11/1/2023. Salary is commensurate with experience.
This position is unable to support candidates who require work authorization sponsorship.
For more information on Civil Service classifications, please visit the SUCSS web site at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/default.aspx.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on Wednesday, September 27th, 2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting.Please make sure to upload a cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references when applying. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. If required by the position, transcripts or other documentation of credentials are to be provided no later than the first day of employment. For further information about this specific position, please contact Keri Collins at email@example.com. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Requisition ID: 1020070
Job Category: Administrative Support
Apply at: https://jobs.illinois.edu