Marketing Specialist -- Gies Business
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Marketing Specialist -- Gies Business
Office of Marketing & Communications
Gies College of Business at the
University of Illinois is seeking applicants for a Marketing Specialist to join
our team of nearly 20 marketing professionals. If hired, you will work closely with marketing managers, writers,
designers and others on the Marcom team that serves the entire college.
The Marketing & Communications team for Gies College of Business acts as an in-house marketing agency. Our growing team of more than 20 professionals plays a pivotal role in promoting the College’s purpose to shape purposeful leaders through life-changing access to education, research, and innovation. Creativity, strategy, and collaboration are key to our team's success as we grow the reputation and brand of Gies Business, a Top 5 public business school and home to 2021 Business School Dean of the Year. As a Marketing Specialist, you'll be at the forefront of this effort, working closely with those who lead the marketing efforts of the College units to implement and manage marketing strategies and projects.
Job SummaryAs a Marketing Specialist, you will be assisting Team Leads in the MarCom office in the coordination and implementation of projects for units within Gies College of Business. Your primary responsibility will be to manage details, schedules, and progress tracking for a multitude of internal projects. You'll collaborate with internal team members and coordinate ongoing tasks related to web page updates, media purchases, events, and projects in various stages of creative development and production.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist team leads in monitoring and coordinating project plans, schedules, deadlines, and evaluation; Manage multiple concurrent projects involving cross-functional teams;
- Manage deliverables and distribution of proofs;
- Ensure projects adhere to College and campus guidelines;
- Remain attentive to the College’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity and ensure it is implemented appropriately; Maintain documentation for each project;
- Collaborate with the project manager to ensure project information is entered into Asana and assigned appropriately;
- Coordinate development of media assets;
- Develop marketing plan flowcharts and presentations; Assist team leads with project plan development;
- Interact with various team members to coordinate project development;
- Support College events;
- Serve as team lead for smaller units.
- Provide updates to internal team and external units as needed about communication flow, requirements, expectations, and deadlines;
- Prepare briefing materials, presentations, or follow-up memos;
- Gather research or scope requirements related to projects;
- Organize, attend, and participate in stakeholder meetings;
- Ensure that the internal team is informed of the scope of the project; Collect and share media performance data and analytics;
- Advocate for inter-professional/collaborative relationships and foster a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department as well as the College.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, communications, public relations, or a closely related field.
- Two (2) years of professional work experience in marketing, public relations, communications, brand management, or a related professional area.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Previous experience in higher education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to multi-task within a in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with designers, writers, videographers, and other marketing positions;
- Ability to work within structured processes but be flexible when needed;
- Keen eye for detail;
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas; handle stressful situations with poise;
- Ability to take initiative and go above and beyond for project deliverables;
- A passion for education and a genuine interest in promoting the College’s mission.
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 5004 - Marketing Associate position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible
after the close of the search. Salary is commensurate with
experience, with the base salary starting at $53,000. Position may
work in a hybrid home/office environment as agreed upon by supervisor. A path
for professional growth is embedded in this and every position in the Gies
Office of Marketing and Communications.
For more information on Civil Service classifications, please visit the SUCSS web site at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/default.aspx.
For more information about Gies Business, visit https://inside.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/work-at-gies.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on November 22, 2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. If required by the position, transcripts or other documentation of credentials are to be provided no later than the first day of employment. For further information about this specific position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal, or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing email@example.com.
Requisition ID: 1021041
Job Category: Administrative
Apply at: https://jobs.illinois.edu