Recruiting and Employer Connections Coordinator
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Recruiting and Employer Connections Coordinator
Student & Corporate Connection
Job SummaryLead and coordinate employer engagement and on-campus recruiting activities. Serve as the Gies liaison for corporate recruiters and other individuals involved in the campus recruiting and career development process with the goal of maintaining and improving student employment opportunities. Provide the highest level of account management and service to external stakeholders to grow, develop, and maintain corporate partnerships focused on student recruitment. This position is in the Office of Corporate Partnerships which resides in Gies Student & Corporate Connections including career and professional development, experiential learning, and corporate partnerships.
Duties & Responsibilities
Lead Campus Recruiting Activities
- Represent Gies and act as primary contact for company recruiters and professionals seeking to hire students for leadership programs, internships, and full-time jobs
- Assist company recruiters with how to set a recruiting strategy, connect with targeted student populations, and increase visibility on campus
- Manage and execute career fairs, employer showcases, and employer recruiting events
- Track annual team planning using the project management tool, Asana and track corporate contacts and involvement through CRM system, Salesforce
- Ensure expenditures are within the budget related to career fair and on campus recruiting finances.
- Engage in on/off campus professional development and training to maintain knowledge and expertise of career services, college recruiting trends, and career services management platforms
- Accompany Gies leadership at various professional events and meetings
Oversee Campus Recruiting Management System
- Manage the Gies presence on Handshake (campus online recruitment management system) and guide recruiters on how to efficiently use the system to increase student engagements
- Collaborate with campus partners to assist employers and serve on the campus Handshake user group
- Provide Handshake technical support and expertise to recruiters utilizing the system for job postings, interview scheduling, info sessions, and career fair management
Support Office of Corporate Partnership Strategic Goals
- Support Relationship Managers with operational needs related to Blueprint, Professional Pathways, and the Gies Cohort curriculum
- Participate on the Gies Corporate Council weekly meetings and collaborate with the Office of Corporate Relations
- Support the Office of Career & Professional Development by identifying recruiters to participate in student programming
Manage Recruiting Services External Communications
- Coordinate with Marcom to develop marketing and communication plans including write copy for quarterly employer bulletin focused on campus recruiting activity
- Curate content for weekly newsletter to students regarding company recruiting activity
- Work with campus recruiters to host successful social media
College Wide Collaboration
- Provide updates and insight on corporate recruiting trends to the Career & Professional Development team
- Identify and track market trends regarding employer prospects and the early career job market
- Increase engagement of corporate partners by promoting the Magelli Office of Experiential Learning and Business 301
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A total of one (1) year (12 months) in education, training and/or work experience in advancement, career services, corporate engagement, customer service, education, event planning, hospitality, project management, recruitment/staffing, or other related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft suite, especially Word, Excel, Teams, OneNote, and Outlook
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to learn University policies, processes, and systems
- Ability to exercise discretion when handling confidential and/or sensitive information
- Ability to perform quickly and accurately under the pressure of deadlines and heavy workload
- Ability to perform in the moment problem solving
- Ability of meeting frequent deadlines and prioritizing tasks
- Ability to learn new technologies or systems such as Box, Handshake, Asana, and Salesforce
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 5002 - Program Coordinator position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the posting close date. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience, while also considering internal equity. The salary range for this position starts at $52,000 for the title of Recruiting and Employer Connections Coordinator.
For more information on Civil Service classifications, please visit the SUCSS web site at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/default.aspx.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on November 24,2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. If required by the position, transcripts or other documentation of credentials are to be provided no later than the first day of employment. For further information about this specific position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal, or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing email@example.com.
Requisition ID: 1021046
Job Category: Administrative
Apply at: https://jobs.illinois.edu