Enterprise System Specialist - Hybrid/Remote
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Enterprise System Specialist - Hybrid/Remote
Job SummaryAs part of the Internal Application Administration (IAA) team, the Enterprise Systems Specialist participates in the analysis, design, implementation, integration and support of enterprise systems. This is a highly visible role with immense opportunities to work with emerging technology and to interact with people across the University of Illinois System. The job holder must be an experienced problem solver who thinks creatively about solutions and adapts easily to changing priorities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop subject matter expertise on enterprise systems and integration middleware.
- Provide operational support for university wide systems that are used by students, employees and other university clients.
- Work with IT Professionals across the University of Illinois to provide advanced systems integration solutions and ongoing operational support for those solutions.
- Administer critical infrastructure that controls system access and user provisioning to a wide range of university applications and services.
- Support production critical activities during non-business hours, as needed. This will require some evening or weekend hours, depending on the business cycle of the University, participating in a rotating on-call schedule.
- Conduct capacity and upgrade planning.
- Research, evaluate and implement new advanced technologies.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Any one or any combination totaling two (2) years (24 months) from the following categories:
- College coursework which includes Information Technology (IT), IT Management, Programming, IT systems, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 30 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
- Associate’s Degree (60 semester hours) equals eighteen months (18 months)
- 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- Bachelor’s Degree (120 semester hours) equals three (3) years (36 months)
- Work experience in IT-related functions, such as hardware/software support, programming, network design, network engineering, IT systems integration, or closely related field.
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
2. Three years of information technology experience focusing on software application architecture, installation, and administration in UNIX/Linux (prefer Solaris or RedHat) or Microsoft Windows environments.
3. Experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting middle-tier products including Apache, IIS, and Tomcat.
4. Experience with Oracle DBMS, Microsoft MSSQL and SQL.
5. Experience in systems programming, computer systems engineering, computer architecture, and/or process management.
6. Experience with integration or streaming platforms (Azure API Management, AWS API Gateway, Kafka, OpenMQ, and ActiveMQ).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1. Well-developed technical, business, and communication skills.
- 2. Behaviors that foster teamwork and lead to a culture of trust and mutual respect.
- 3. Ability to adapt to new situations and overcome unpredictable obstacles.
- 4. Desire to dive in, identify and resolve issues quickly, and work in a team environment to implement technology solutions.
- 5. Hands-on experience in design, installation, configuration, and maintenance of Windows or Linux based enterprise applications and infrastructure.
- 6. Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Java, .NET, Coldfusion or PERL).
- 7. Knowledge of web server technologies (e.g., Apache, IIS, Tomcat, WebLogic, etc.).
- 8. Knowledge of authentication systems (SAML2, Shibboleth, CA SSO and ADFS).
- 9. Knowledge of directory services (LDAP and Active Directory).
- 10. Knowledge of CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, CruiseControl, Ant, Maven, GitHub, SVN, etc.).
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 5031 - Information Technology Technical Associate position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after 1/1/2024. Salary is commensurate with experience.
For more information on Civil Service classifications, please visit the SUCSS web site at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/default.aspx.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on November 27th, 2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. If required by the position, transcripts or other documentation of credentials are to be provided no later than the first day of employment. For further information about this specific position, please contact Bree Smith at email@example.com. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal, or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requisition ID: 1021279
Job Category: Technical
Apply at: https://jobs.illinois.edu