Room Attendant, Hotel - Illini Union
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Room Attendant, Hotel - Illini Union
Applications are now being accepted for the Room Attendant, Hotel - Illini Union position for Illini Union at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
As the community center of the University, the Illini Union draws together all members of the University with approximately 16,000 visits of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests on a daily basis. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds who can help create and foster communities that strive toward this vision. This includes supporting the academic mission of the University by developing environments conducive to student learning and academic success, respecting, appreciating, and advocating for the diversity of our student population, and supporting the holistic development of all our students.
Job SummaryUnder supervision of the Illini Union Hotel management, performs cleaning work in the Hotel to facilitate an excellent experience for the guest.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cleans hotel rooms which include the following:
• Changes bed linen
• Cleans bathrooms, which includes scrubbing fixtures, floor, mirrors, and wall tile
• Dusts furniture
• Vacuums floors
• Cleans all mirrors
• Clean and dust windows and blinds
• Replenishes supplies, including toilet and linen supplies
• Replaces light bulbs in all lamps in the guest room
• Cleans corridors by dusting furniture and vacuuming floors.
- Interacts with the guest to determine the guest’s needs. Provides good customer
- Maintains supplies and linens on maid cart.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, which may include spot cleaning carpets; washing
and wrapping glasses; washing shower curtains and cleaning rags; and special cleaning
as designated by the Retail Supervisor, Hotel Assistant Manager, or Hotel Manager.
Additional Physical Demands• Difficult tasks of this position include cleaning the bathroom mirrors and washing the bathroom walls.
• Disagreeable tasks may arise when guests have unusual problems, such as illness, necessitating specific cleaning duties.
• The individual has contact with chemical cleaning supplies.
• The individual may be required to lift or move heavy objects, i.e. linen, cleaning cart. There is physical exertion while cleaning rooms and moving cleaning cart between locations.
• The individual may need to dispose of sharp objects, i.e. needles, etc. and could come into contact with blood-borne pathogens. Therefore, both training and inoculation opportunities are provided to employees in this position.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good housekeeping techniques are necessary to provide service of a caliber expected by the Illini Union Hotel Management.
- A conscientious and detail-oriented perspective towards one’s work is necessary.
This is a 60% full-time Civil Service 2296 - Maid position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after 11/27/2023. The rate of pay for this position is $17.77/hour, with a work schedule of Monday to Wednesday (8:00am to 4:30pm). This position is required to be on-site.
For more information on Civil Service classifications, please visit the SUCSS web site at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/default.aspx.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on November 27, 2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. If required by the position, transcripts or other documentation of credentials are to be provided no later than the first day of employment. For further information about this specific position, please contact AHW Shared HR at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217.333.3660. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal, or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing email@example.com.
Requisition ID: 1021337
Job Category: Service Operations
Apply at: https://jobs.illinois.edu