Accounting Assistant - Procurement - Engineering Business Services Center
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Accounting Assistant (Procurement)
Engineering Business Services Center
The Grainger College of Engineering
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
The Engineering Business Services Center (EBSC) in The Grainger College of Engineering seeks applicants for an Accounting Assistant position. This position assists in providing purchasing services to faculty, staff, and students located within the units being served by shared services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with processing of all procurement requests for EBSC units. Assists faculty, students, and staff with Procurement, including iBuy, PCard and Banner Purchase Order requisitions.
- Investigates invoices and overdue account balances. Coordinates with vendors, EBSC units, and other University offices to initiate corrective action and resolve any outstanding accounts payable.
- Downloads and prints monthly financial statements. Serves as support to the team in reconciling monthly accounts; verifies charges to accounts by matching receipts to charges, initiates contact with appropriate departments to obtain missing information and receipts. Keys corrective accounting entries into Banner.
- Prints monthly F&S vouchers and Illini Union Vouchers. Saves to retention file for monthly statement reconciliation.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Any one or combination totaling one (1) year (12 months) from the categories below:
A. Coursework in accounting, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
1. 6 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
B. Coursework in any discipline as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
2. 30 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
C. Work experience in bookkeeping, office support, or closely related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of university business and financial policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of personal computers and software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Access, e-mail, Banner, and other University financial programs.
- Knowledge of operation of various office equipment as fax machines, copiers, scanners, and printers.
- Skill and accuracy in preparing University and Departmental forms.
- Accuracy, speed, and completeness in performance of tasks.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to respond to questions and requests from faculty, staff, and students with judgement to know when supervisor needs to be involved.
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 3851 - Accounting Assistant position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a bargained position, and as such, the salary is driven by the collective bargaining agreement. The entry-level salary for the Accounting Assistant classifcation is $38,555.40 ($19.772/hr). Hybrid work options may be available for this position, with the ability to be on-site as needed. Work authorization is not available for this position.
For more information on Civil Service classifications, please visit the SUCSS web site at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/default.aspx.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on December 11, 2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. If required by the position, transcripts or other documentation of credentials are to be provided no later than the first day of employment. For further information about this specific position, please contact Dawn Creath (email@example.com). For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal, or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requisition ID: 1021387
Job Category: Administrative Support
Apply at: https://jobs.illinois.edu