Extension Volunteer Management Systems Associate
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Extension Volunteer Management Systems Associate
University of Illinois Extension - Extension Workforce Development
Everything we do is designed to improve the quality of life of the people in the state of Illinois, across the nation, and around the world. We discover, develop, translate, and disseminate knowledge to address societal concerns and train the next generation of experts and leaders in a way that empowers them to expand the boundaries of science to higher levels of understanding and influence.
Be a part of our story. Through learning partnerships that extend knowledge and change lives, University of Illinois Extension provides educational programs aimed at making life better, healthier, safer, and more profitable for individuals and their communities. Illinois Extension has operated continuously for more than 100 years connecting the citizens of Illinois to their land-grant university by providing educational programming around the state. University of Illinois Extension is based in the College of ACES and works with all colleges and units of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Job SummaryThe Volunteer Management Systems Associate will provide innovative leadership and direction to implement and deliver Online Data Management systems for Illinois Extension Volunteers. This position will work with the Volunteer Relations Associate to coordinate statewide communications, policies, and procedures around our volunteer management systems, to include applications, screenings, and data management for over 9,000 Extension volunteers. This person will also provide leadership for identifying, designing, developing, implementing, and providing customer support and training on our volunteer management systems to Extension staff and volunteers throughout the state. The individual in this position will work as a member of the Illinois Extension Workforce Development Team to lead and support our volunteer programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
Illinois Extension Volunteer Management System Administrator
- Provides Customer Support for Extension field
staff for Illinois Extension Volunteer Management System.
- Serves as
the point of contact with Extension Web Development/IT
with Extension IT for maintenance and technical issues. Leads efforts to
expand the system when needed.
modifies, and deletes staff user permissions.
- Tries to replicate reported issues to determine
if it is user error, an issue for a subset of users or a systemwide issue.
staff/volunteer when user error is determined.
priority level of issue based on how disruptive it is and how many people
- Manage the
support requests writes reports, provides screenshots, responds to IT,
coordinates with IT.
- Works with
IT to determine the level of communication needed when issues are
of Ticketing Systems.
- Reporting Responsibilities.
Volunteer Management Support
- Monitors volunteer management help request inbox and ticketing queue.
- Responds to volunteer and staff communication.
- Forwards program specific questions to appropriate points of contact
- Resets passwords, updates volunteer files, marks trainings as complete, etc. as needed based on email requests.
- Helps staff and volunteers troubleshoot/ learn how to navigate Illinois Extension Volunteer Management System as needed.
- Assist with staff training for Illinois Extension Volunteer Management System and helps create training guides and resources for staff and volunteers.
- Responsible for monitoring submission of new applications in Illinois Extension Volunteer Management System, reference requests, background screening completion, reference checks, interview results.
- Conducts and documents Sterling Volunteers background checks.
- When background checks have a consider, work with Volunteer Relations Associate to resolve.
- Submit CANTS (Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System) report requests to DCFS (Department of Children and Family
- Services) Responsible for monitoring accepted or rejected applicants and automatic notification letters sent.
- Responsible for sending/monitoring volunteer progress with orientation, Extension Child Protection Training, and any other required training.
- Pulls reports for volunteer numbers as requested.
- Sends large group emails to subsets of volunteers.
Organizational Coordination for Volunteer Systems
- Serves as the point person for Illinois Extension Volunteer Management System within Extension.
- Serves as the point person for mass client communications, e.g., create auto-emails that will be sent from the Illinois Extension Volunteer Management System (thank you for applying, happy birthday, you have a training you need to complete, etc.)
- Works with the Office of Professional Development to implement, support, and improve volunteer systems across Extension.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A total of one (1) year (12 months) in education, training and/or work experience in the area of specialization inherent to the position.
- (Note: Master’s Degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year of work experience.)
- Academic background and experience in adult education, continuing education, volunteer management or other related field is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with volunteers and screening protocols.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and with diverse groups.
- Strong leadership and creativity skills.
- Knowledge of civil rights laws and statutes and reporting requirements.
- Cultural competency and humility.
- Experience working with adult educational and/or volunteer management programs.
- Experience with training and developing a diverse workforce.
- Understanding of and commitment to the land-grant university mission.
- Experience with or understanding of the Cooperative Extension Service.
- Experience with educational technologies and pedagogy.
Additional Physical DemandsTo perform the functions of this position, the employee will be required to perform work both within an office and outside in the communities that are served across Illinois Extension and Outreach. Must have the capability to travel from one location to another in a timely fashion. Employee is responsible for securing personal transportation. Evening/weekend work are an integral part of this position. When working, the employee may be exposed to a variety of environmental factors to include, but not limited to, hot or cold weather, exposure to noise and allergens, and uneven ground. In performing the functions of this position, the employee may be subjected to various mental and physical demands as well to include, but not limited to, independently traveling to and performing work at different locations, lifting and moving items that may occasionally weigh up to forty (40) pounds and frequently weigh up to twenty (20) pounds, and twisting, pushing and pulling movements. The Outreach Associate for Workforce Development, Volunteer Relations will assume additional related responsibilities to enhance the mission of Illinois Extension.
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 5002 - Program Coordinator position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible.Salary is commensurate with experience.
For more information on Civil Service classifications, please visit the SUCSS web site at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/default.aspx.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on December 1, 2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. If required by the position, transcripts or other documentation of credentials are to be provided no later than the first day of employment. For further information about this specific position, please contact email@example.com. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. The University of Illinois must also comply with applicable federal export control laws and regulations and, as such, reserves the right to employ restricted party screening procedures for applicants.
Out-of-state candidates must establish Illinois residency within 180 calendar days of the start date for this position. Illinois residency requires proof of a valid Illinois Driver’s License or state of Illinois ID Card. Failure to produce the required documentation within 180 calendar days will result in immediate termination of employment.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal, or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requisition ID: 1021357
Job Category: Administrative
Apply at: https://jobs.illinois.edu