Sr. Member of Technical Staff (Network Analytics) - Aviatrix
University of Illinois Research Park
About The Role
We are searching for a Senior Software Engineer to staff Aviatrix Engineering Network Analytics team. The team is responsible for developing enterprise solutions that monitor, alert, react and provide insights based on real-time network telemetry data. This includes developing systems to collect network data at scale, build highly performant real-time data pipelines, and create novel Data Science and Machine Learning solutions. The team’s products drive data insights into Aviatrix suite of networking and security features that contribute to the Aviatrix, end-to-end multi-cloud solution.
What You’ll Do
- Build infrastructure for efficient data acquisition, data cleaning, data augmentation, model training and visualization.
- Evaluate and Implement the ML/Deep learning models from research papers and other public internet resources.
- Lead and coordinate data acquisition strategy and best modeling practices cross team.
- Develop production code for feature processing, model prediction, serving, and monitoring in both real-time and batch scenarios.
- Participate in the entire software lifecycle – development, testing and production operations.
- Be a key role in growing and mentoring the ML/data science team.
- At least 2-5 years industry experience in computer science, networking or graduate degree.
- Domain knowledge in networking. (OSI stack, BGP, IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, DNS; Linux network stack, SDN, network automation)
- Proficiency in Python and Golang, Java or C/C++
- Experience with big data pipeline technologies (e.g.,Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Kafka, Flink)
- Experience with Data Science (Machine Learning) Tools/Systems: Familiar with core Data Science Concepts: Anomaly Detection, Clustering, Classiﬁcation, Association Rule Mining, Regression, Pattern Recognition, Intelligent Systems, Intelligent Data Analysis, Artiﬁcial
- Experience with Cloud Platforms a plus
- You have prior experience working on distributed systems
- You have experience with production operations and good practices for putting quality code in production and troubleshoot issues when they arise
- Take initiative and be responsible for delivering complex software by working effectively with the team and other stakeholders
- You feel at home communicating technical ideas verbally and in writing (technical proposals, design specs, architecture diagrams and presentations)
US: We cover 100% of employee premiums and 88% of dependent(s) premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) match, short and long-term disability, life/AD&D insurance, $1,000/year education reimbursement, and a flexible vacation policy.
Outside the US: We offer a comprehensive benefits package which, (subject to regional variations) could include pension, private medical for you and dependents, generous holiday allowance, life assurance, long-term disability, annual wellbeing stipend
Your total compensation package will be based on job-related knowledge, education, certifications and location, per our aligned ranges.
Aviatrix, the pioneer of Secure Cloud Networking, optimizes business-critical application availability, performance, security, and cost with multicloud networking software that delivers a simplified and consistent enterprise-grade operational model in and across cloud service providers. Combined with the Aviatrix Certified Engineer (ACE) program, the industry’s first and only multicloud networking certification, innovative enterprises are transforming their business by upgrading their cloud networking with Aviatrix. Learn more at www.aviatrix.com.