Parks and Recreation Department Part-Time Camp Staff
Village of Savoy
While working as Camp Staff, employees will be responsible for facilitating programs for participants and to ensure that participants receive a high-quality experience under safe conditions. Employees are also responsible for creating an enjoyable experience for the participants and should be available to answer questions and respond appropriately.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Organize and lead a variety of recreation activities, arts and crafts, camps, field trips, and special events.
Work cooperatively with participants, parents, and fellow employees.
Complete accident and incident reports, as needed.
Ensure participants adhere to established safety and program rules.
Responsible for the proper storage of equipment.
Must meet the physical requirements to safely run assigned programs.
• Must be minimum of 16 years of age.
• Current Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain certification within thirty (30) days of hiring. Preferred Qualifications
• Coursework in child development, education, recreation, physical education, or other related subjects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public.
• Ability to make decisions in accordance with established recreation center rules and Village ordinances, regulations, and policies.
• Ability to follow written or verbal instruction accurately and precisely.
• Ability to handle stressful situations.
Tools and Equipment Used
Employee will be expected to use active and passive activity elements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is variable.
The physical demand and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Village and employee and is subject to change as the needs of the Village and the requirements of the job change. Examples of duties listed in the position description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omissions of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similarly related or a logical assignment to the position. Each employee’s position description is maintained as part of their personnel file. Additional copies of position descriptions may be requested through the Department Head.