Village of Savoy
The Village of Savoy, Illinois (population 8,607), seeks qualified and motivated candidates or the position of Maintenance Operator. This is an hourly full-time non-exempt position that works under the direct supervision of the Operations Superintendent and the Operations Supervisor they are assigned to. This position performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance work and operates a variety of equipment and tools in the maintenance and repair of the Village’s infrastructure, buildings, and parks.
• High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED).
• Two (2) years of experience relating to arboriculture, construction, maintenance, or repair of infrastructure, buildings, or parks.
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid Illinois Driver’s License with CDL-Class B, with Air Brake and Tanker endorsements, or ability to obtain one within sixty (60) days.
• Valid Illinois Pesticide Operators license or the ability to obtain on within twelve (12) months.
• Currently has a CDL-Class B, and Air Brake and Tanker endorsements.
• Currently has State of Illinois Pesticide Operators License.
• Experience with snow and ice response including plowing and de-icing agent application.
• Experience with building maintenance and remodeling involving basic electrical and plumbing repair and refurbishments of interior finishes.
• Five (5) years of experience relating to construction, maintenance, or repair of the municipal infrastructure, buildings, and parks or similar.