Village of Savoy
The Village of Savoy, Illinois (population 8,857) is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant who can assist with a robust set of responsibilities including, but not limited to, records management; maintaining the Village Code; preparing public meeting notices, meeting minutes, and agendas; responding to Freedom of Information Act requests; operating the customer service functions of Village Hall; providing administrative and operational support needs to assigned department.
This is an hourly, part-time, non-exempt position that works under the supervision and direction of the Village Clerk. It is anticipated that this part-time employee will work between 18 and 20 hours per week, primarily being tasked to support the Fire Department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing.
• Working knowledge of current front office practices and procedures.
• Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to handle stressful situations.
• Ability to type at least 50 words per minute with accuracy and precision.
• High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED).
• Two (2) years of experience in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting, and bookkeeping.
• Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
• Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Compensation This position offers an hourly rate between $15.00 - $18.00 depending on qualifications and experience. How to Apply Email a resume, cover letter, and five professional references to Village Clerk Wendy Hundley. Email: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.