Consumer Services Representative
- Answers Consumer inquiries by clarifying desired information, researching and providing information. Communicate with Consumers through a variety of means—by telephone; by e-mail, fax, by regular mail, social media and possibly Live Chat.
- Resolves issues by clarifying problems, exploring answers and alternative solutions and implementing the best solution. In handling Consumers’ complaints, they must attempt to resolve the problem according to guidelines established by the company.
- Data Entry of consumer call information into data base and generate mailing labels as needed.
- Order Entry of consumer replacement orders and accident replacement orders, and monitoring of same to ensure timely shipments.
- Process parts order generated from phone calls, email, mail, fax, social media or Live Chat.
- Assist with RA requests or miss-shipment requests received from dealers or sales reps when needed. Processing time is expected to be within 24-48 hours of receipt of request. Requests come in via phone, email or fax.
- Work with OE team to resolve issues with dealers and their consumers.
- Process industry (Pro Deal) and VIP orders.
- Perform daily office functions in the Consumer Service office, including phone calls, filing, copying, faxing, correspondence, email etc.
- Process any paperwork and maintain records associated with the above tasks, including reference and technical materials.
- Assist Consumer Service Manager with special projects or as needed.
- Perform other Consumer service related jobs as directed.
- Continually maintains a thorough knowledge of all company products, catalog contents, field sales personnel and any promotional items.
- Transfers call to appropriate personnel when applicable.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations; exercises care and good judgement at all times to prevent accidents and injuries
- Report all incidents/accidents/injuries immediately to Human Resources Safety Specialist
- Follow 5S rules for workstation and other common areas in the facility
- Maintains safe and clean work environment with mindful thoughts and actions in housekeeping habits (i.e. picking-up paper, debris, etc in work area, aisles, and common employee areas as you move through the facility); Properly collect and disposes of waste following established guidelines
- Must be flexible with work schedule and task changes
- Be prepared to work overtime daily and Saturdays as needed
Company and Corporate Responsibilities
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, rules and VISTA Code of Conduct
Education and Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree in Business, Communications or related field desirable.
- Minimum one-five (1-5) years Consumer service, help desk or call center experience desired.
- Computer literate, proficient in use of Microsoft Office products
- SAP experience desirable.
- Basic knowledge of sporting goods and the associated equipment used with each individual sport is desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent Consumer-relations skills.
- Excellent attendance.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Strong telephone and communication skills essential.
- Solid comprehension, listening and negotiating skills.
- Excellent intuitive, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Data entry with minimum error.
- Ability to execute tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent follow through.
- Able to multi-task. Strong task prioritization skills.
- Filing and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy. Sense of urgency.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Strong Consumer service focus.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
Pay Range:$14.90 - $21.06
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled